The Poll Winner: Let's Look at Dread Shade!

Marked for Death was definitely a bit clunky, and also stupidely overpowered, a bigass debuff you “felt forced” to use whatever the acolyte builds (very few exceptions), which is most often a design problem. In this case it was a bit sad to pigeonhole players into a forced choice of skill when skill diversity (number of skills+skill trees) is one of the strongest points of Last Epoch).
So hurray for a rework, and by the way this Shady skill looks awesome, cant wait to test it out ! ^^

1 Like

“Fell forced to use” … well yes, as pretty much everyone uses Rip Blood + Transplant combo, which doesn’t require Rip Blood to actually be on your cast bar
So you end up with 1 skillslot open that you can’t talent
… hmmm what to get, some minor dmge spell that will be fairly useless… or a curse that gives your main dmge spell 30% extra dmge.

I love the Transplant using Rip Blood to self heal playstyle, but this leaves 1 skillslot open and well no other (untalented) skill is actually worth taking over Mark which is a sweet dmge increase.

Sad part is this will also impact Harvest, as your easy aoe curse mobs will be gone.
But the plague curse can be talented for aoe cursing to replace this i guess.

I kinda like this skill, but I feel its going to be very clunky to use with minions. All skeleton skills are 1 summon per cast.
“Dread Shade drains the health of all affected minions. Doom Brands are applied to affected minions, causing them to explode on death dealing Necrotic Damage to nearby foes.”
Sounds to me like a very static summoner, where you cast all skeletons, cast dread and then hope your DPS is enough to kill all ennemies before you need to recast the combo.

Is there a plan to add a spec node for multiple summon per cast?

You can summon 3 skeletons per cast.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.