The new defence system and its future

Yep monster damage is exactly the same as 0.7.9 but you couldnt care less about monster damage and balance in 0.7.9 because you had that specific gear. Just now the X as phys is gutted and all i see is some tears because we cant use that combo anymore

I watched both you posted and they were both at wave 220+. I don’t know what you are expecting.

Damage is not the same.

1- monster damage got reduced x level
2- monsters got 75% penetration.
3- Rare monsters got shred.

You are just beeing ignorant here, sorry.
I would also love to know what conversion has to do with taking 1000 physical damage autos from normal mobs.

homogenize is not a good thing, class identity, build identity, this is really interesting topics, this helps alot with game longevity, replayability and ofc, some strenghts in each classes, defensive strenghts and dont keep mandatory, give options, interesting passives etc, some niche builds is good too (in the future i will try to make a Ward Paladin xD)

If there no interesting way to build a char, defensive options, interesting different options (for defensive, like holy aura have) and INTERESTING WAYS TO BUILD AND PROGRESS your character, build and progression is really important topics, not only build, but progression, you made a really valid and good point, people will lose interest and move on.

3 Likes

They are both this patch xd

Arena last patch

Scroll to arena 200 ish
Look at the damage i took by the hardest hitting enemy in arena at wave 420.
I died becouse I fucked up and got hit by a telegraph. Deserved.
Now I die for looking at normal mobs.

The game has complety changed.

1 Like

Err yes if players got a 75% res and monsters got a 75% res pen then damage is the same, you lost that dope X as phys conversion and are now getting blapped by arena scaled mobs autoattacks as it was already in 0.7.9

but i wont waste more time here since all you do is call other people noobs so ill leave you to your elitist tears

1 Like

If an enemy did 100 damage and you had 0 prots.
you took 100 damage.

If an anemy does 100 damage now and you have 0 prots,
you take 175 damage.

If an enemy did 100 damage and you had 75% prots.
you took 25 damage.

If an anemy does 100 damage now and you have 75% prots,
you take 100 damage.

Enemies do more damage with the new formula.
The base values barely got nerfed, and they got base penetration.
Base penetretion didn’t exist and its part of enemy damage.

4 Likes

I think they could definitely do with adding more class-specific affixes and having some of them relatively common & some rare.

And the Sentinel’s “X damage taken as phys” needs to be removed or reworked (maybe into % damage reduction for X damage).

2 Likes

So maybe they should reset the Arena ladder every time they do a massive game change?

Is the foundation of your critique here just based on you not being able to get to the top of the leaderboard? I see you are currently #8. Maybe the board should be reset if it is now impossible to get near wave 400.

Sorry but this is missing a whole bunch of info (total hp) and is not a correct example and comparison.

Enemies did 100 damage always, you only had either amounts of EHP (life + protections), and were rolling around with the X as phys combo which gave something like 5k EHP and more.

The res change is due and makes it simpler since apparently whatever systems they make these dont seem to be always cleared by everyone

Wtf?

Arena already reseted xd

They do.

If you look on the left hand side of the ladder page, there is a drop down to select each ladder for each patch.

Enemy damage is the same regardless of how much EHP their target has.

Enemies do more damage due to pen, and players have way less EHP with the capped system.
We take more damage and we lost EHP.

So the numbers we are hit by are BIGGER (due to penetration) and our EHP is SMALLER (due to new system).

Have you even read the post man…

1 Like

I don’t even know why i type…

1 Like

Cool. Didn’t know they reset it each time. The ranks didn’t seem to change to me.

I agree with the premise of this thread. I disagree with the idea that gear doesn’t matter right now. I think brining in the Arena as “evidence” doesn’t help any of these arguments.

The arena is the only way to test stuff like this

I am sorry this has nothing to do with conversion affixes. and don’t know how the argument is being made in that case the issue was you had GB that halved all the damage you take.

Then you could basically infinitely build prots. So the mitigation of basically 90% combined with halving all incoming damage. it the result. The devs said that they made adjustments but here seem to be some outliers that are overtuned. In combination with this.

The new resistance system if built to be around 0% resistance when you are capped.
So the only way to mitigate is dodger, block, armor and health / ward. none of these can reach the same mitigation.

2 Likes

Again, the damage is the same. Just the conversion into 4k prot phys is gone
In 0.7.10 you are rolling with 1-1.5k hp and is the only source of tears
while in 0.7.9 only with X conversion you were rolling with 5k ehp

What the fuck are you even talking about man.
Regardless of EHP you take MORE DAMAGE.

But now you have armor that goes 30-60%.

OK guys ill see myself out i really cant see an end here. Im totally demoralized

1 Like