Summon Skeleton feedback

When taking the node for skeleton commander, the commander could be summoned in addition to the warrior/mage/archer.

Just standing in town, with a 6 skeleton cap, it took 12 casts to get the skeleton cap, as the commander kept getting resummoned. In a fight, particularly in a tough fight where skeletons are dying, this causes frustrating gameplay, as it takes a while to replenish your army.

I like that the skill has such an expansive tree. Will we be seeing similarly meaty trees for the other skills in the game?

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll move this thread to make sure it’s seen. I can’t promise that all / most skill trees will be the same size as the one for Skeletons - it’s quite large, and we have had requests to tone it down. That said, we do plan to expand most existing skill trees (and replace some of the less interesting nodes).

That’s fair.

Hopefully there is a nice middle ground to be found. I can see how every tree being that big could be extremely daunting for new players, similarly to some of the common complaints I’ve seen from new players of the POE passive tree.

[quote quote=8864]That’s fair.
Hopefully there is a nice middle ground to be found. I can see how every tree being that big could be extremely daunting for new players, similarly to some of the common complaints I’ve seen from new players of the POE passive tree.[/quote]

maybe, but PoE wouldnt got such a large community / playerbase when it would be not so complicated as it is. i mean sure for realy new players to the ARPG genre this could be a bit over the top, but for ARPG veterans it would be a nice addition and i personally prefer a huge skill tree more than a minimalistic one :wink:

You don’t need to worry about them being small and simple. :slight_smile:

I’d argue that POE’s tree could be refactored a bit without really hurting the vets in any meaningful way. I, too, prefer to have options, but there is a threshold for which choices start to have nearly no meaningful impact, and I believe that there is some of this in POE’s tree. Many of the path nodes in POE are super uninteresting and ultimately end up not having meaningful impact because they add 5-10% damage increase to a damage pool that is already over 100%. It’s not nearly as bad as D3’s numbers on numbers, but it has a similar impact.

It’s one of the reasons I liked looking a couple of the skill trees in LE and seeing that some of the nodes explicitly state that they are independent multipliers. That way you know when you take them that you get a 20% damage increase to that ability, and can see the impact of that choice immediately.

Ultimately, all games have to find a balance between what genre veterans want, and what newer players (to both the genre and the game itself) experience. I’d consider myself an ARPG vet, but my biggest gripe in POE was that when I created my first character, I had the choice to risk severely gimping my character, or spending 30 minutes not playing the game so that I could read through each node in the passive tree and think about how it might impact the build I didn’t know I was going to build yet. This was prior to the tree being searchable though, and was at a time when the regret points seemed to not be readily available.