Summon Classes > Players are always 1st enemy Target?

So whats going on with full Summon classes like Beastmaster or Necromancer ?

I have like 30-40 active Summons on a Necro but i observe 97% of enemies always trying to attack my character 1st ? Super concept.

I guess you Developers thought “nah, we want a challenge for the players and give pets only a small chance to taunt or agro enemies” thats ok but not if 30 Summons cant even hold agro on a few wolfes or tigers…

Not even the Golems can Taunt enemies well.

Every Wolf , Eber and what all just runs trough my Minions to my character ?

I understand that it would be to easy if Summons had 100% aggression and Taunt but the current state is that they dont have more than maybe 5% taunt not even if they hit the enemies.

If a player concentrates on Minion defense/damage he is screwed .

So why play a pet class if the player gets aggression even with 100 Minions out ?

You developers should make a clear statement that players with heavey Summon builds have to concetrate on their own heavy defense (resist/HP/regen/dodge/glance) because enemies dont care about minions and go straight for the player characters to attack them.

its almost impossible to create a 100% summon build in this game because any player character would die in seconds after Level ~70 because the summons dont taunt or agro at all…

Until Level 50-60 this is no big issue but after 75-80 when you Developers suddenly increase the resists of Bosses and Enemies like 300% which honestly sucks for any class the fun is over and the grind for gold and gear becomes ridicoulous…

1 Like

I disagree with you.
I play a Summoner and I’m ok with monsters targeting players.

You have several ways to protect yourself:

• Good protestive equipment.
  • Hide behind your army. An enemy could not pass through your curtain of army to reach you.
  • Teleport every 4 seconds.

By cons I agree with you about the golem. Threat doesn’t seem to be working. The golem should be an attack magnet, it is one of its core functions.

3 Likes

Unless you have the double golem (and not the giant passive to mitigate it), then yeah I also agree. A single golem should pull a lot more threat than it currently does. I found the fire golem seemed to be the best, but the rest arent so great when it comes to threat.

I just tested it with double Golem and like 30 extra minions.

I ask my wife to witness this for a few minutes… :grin:

Wolves, Ebers, Bats and what all attacked my character even if i put a Wraith right in front of the enemies…

My wife then just asked “why do you even play this unfinished game and ruin your nerves ?”

btw: Totems are taunting better than any other Minion. But since i reported this here now i am
sure there is a Developer that will change that quick… right '? :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah. I am sure they waited for a long time till you finally arrived to rescue this awfully developed game before it ruines the nerves of people.

If you’re talking like this to yourself while playing, it’s no wonder that the enemies attack you directly. You seem to be a person that creates aggro easily.

6 Likes

I haven’t noticed this much, they seem to attack totems and such regularly. Not like Grim Dawn where bosses and heros will completely and constantly ignore your pets to come after you, which is incredibly frustrating. But I think like a chance based system would alleviate auto targeting.

if i was all the time angry while playing Last Epoch my wife would for sure ask me to close the computer…
Relax, Domov and try to enjoy the game, if you can’t do that because everything in this game “ruin your nerves” maybe this game is not for you, especially not in this beta phase…

Games are supposed to make us have fun and enjoy them!!

I’d agree with you on the golem before last patch. On a live stream one if the devs said that there was a bug with the golem aggro node (that one that increases size and aggro gain), that now is fixed. I tested this yesterday and the aggro gain is way better, viable now.

2 Likes

I’m not sure Taunt and Aggro for minions is something that is automatic just because they exist. That would make Primalists with a big super tank pet too strong. Most things happen on hit.

Even so, I don’t know how the mechanics are calculated behind the scenes. Is aggro based on a number that grows depending on damage being dealt by the attacker? Does it fade over time?

Well, the whole point of a Beta is that it is an unfinished game. To play a Beta and complain about things not working is similar to eating a hamburger before its cooked and complaining about food poisoning.

But, back to your point about the duo golems node… I think the whole point of that node is that it removes the extra aggro they are supposed to have. Risk reward.

Try the increased aggro/size node and see if that makes a difference for a single golem setup?

1 Like

Mind not personally attacking and discussing someone’s personality when you don’t agree with their opinion? I believe this forum is for civil discussions. That said, I agree with Domov. However, I also believe there is a way to have your minions (primalist anyway) taunt their targets using Eterra’s blessing.

Regardless, I do wish the mobs wouldn’t beeline for us through a mass of minions as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.