Stuttering / FPS drops caused by certain mob types

Hi,

I hope this is the best place to put this, but wanted to highlight something i have found whilst playing the latest patch.

Let me preface this by saying the latest patch is night and day in comparison. I am getting a silky smooth 60fps in ultra 99% of the time (shadows on high), and this is just a heads up in case there’s a fix.

I have noticed a couple of mobs which are causing some serious lag / stutter.

I have tested these mobs on a number of settings, both in-game and GPU specific (GTX 1070 Founders / i7 6700k clocked @ 4.6ghz watercooled, 16GB RAM)

Forsaken Trail - Sleet Weaver.
The projectile itself doesn’t cause much stuttering / lag, but when it hits the character or minion, it hits them frames hard.

Ancient Forest (Ancient Era) - Skittering Undergrowth
Again, the poison AoE isn’t the issue, but when minions are hit / in the poison frames are dropped.

This could be a hardware issue my end, but after the hours i’ve spent trying to resolve it, i at least wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks for all your hard work on this game!

Shanks

Hi Shanks, Im glad to hear that the performance overall has been much better for you! Thanks for singling these out. Posts like this are very helpful and we’ll look into them asap. Hope you’re enjoying the patch.

2 Likes

You’re welcome Mox. I can’t emphasis enough the improvement overall to the experience, really is like a different game.

If i come across any more i’ll be sure to highlight then as best i can.

1 Like

The projectile itself doesn’t cause much stuttering / lag, but when it hits the character or minion, it hits them frames hard.

Trasochi:

Found the cause, the on death vfx has collision and is not pooled. Fixing now.

One down!

2 Likes

Wow, i am legit impressed with that! Thanks for letting me know, talk about a quick fix!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.