Storing builds

As long time player of D3 the one feature i think LE devs should consider is a build storage much like the D3 armory.

This should store skill, passive, idol and equipment setting so that with click of a single button i can switch between say Lightning mage and Fire mage.

Yes first time i change from Lightning to Fire i need to respec all passives, redo the 5 skill trees but once i have done that and sotred the char i should be able to seamlessly change between chars which i have previously levelled

Just a thought which i think will improve QOL

Read through this thread & then get back to us on whether you think the devs would go down the “no respec cost at all & here, have a mechanic to swap to any build you want” route…

It works in D3 because there’s no respec cost. LE has a respec cost so it wouldn’t really work for the skills (unless you want the skills to get reset to zero).

I think you could argue that the closest analogue to D3’s armoury would be for a build template that applies the skill & passive points as you level up (or just respec’s the passives for you & presents you with the bill to respec when you click ok/apply) according to a template.

3 Likes

As @Llama8 pointed out, there is a huge thread about respeccing, which discussion and feedback is very close to what you suggested.

You should really take your time and read through all of it, since there are alot of different opinions on this one.

Since the respec system is how it is, it wouldn’t be really a “Quality of Life” feature, since it would change some of the foundational systems here in LE.

I personally do not want anything remotely similar to D3’s skill/build system.

Having a build there doesnt feels like a “build” to me, just like a loadout, that can be swapped in a few button presses and i don’t want something like that.

If you considered reading through that huge thread or maybe add your opinion to it, feel free to post again here and tell us if your opinion has changed or not and we maybe can discuss further here, slightly unrelated to the “main debate”

1 Like

Yeah my bad for not look for correct thread … i will read through all of it … thanks for the redirection

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.