Stop drop roll

Huh? POE also has dash now (even though it’s a skill). Incorporating twitch gameplay is nothing unique to Wolcen.

Pong?

Bad response aside, the roll is not horrible in Wolcen. It does help with a lot of the boss mechanics since they want you to use it only when needed.

From my experiences with LE, I would say a short one that lets you dodge

All of my distaste from it comes from the fact they released an unfinished game. The graphics and roll function are nice, but so much is broken that it is not worth playing.

This is the best reason. If an attack is unavoidable without a skill or ability, then by definition, it needs to be made smaller or a way to avoid it added to fix bad balance.

A roll is nice in this case, because your build stops being what determines if you can avoid it. Instead, your ability to notice a threat and react to it becomes what determines if you can avoid it. That says personal skill is more important than class design.

Ping pong says hello. As does tennis.

Its not about which game borrows from which one, it is about the need to have something ripped off from a new game when LE already has its own movement skills and, if there is a need, can add additional ones.

Besides, telegraphed attacks were never a problem, at least for me, in LE. Big groups of archers, who shoot at the same time, are much more dangerous.

Whats LH?

Meant to write LE, I’ll fix it.

i know :slight_smile:

As long as the dodge feels better than in Wolcen, it’s so wonky on that game, but then again, so much basic stuff feels like crap in that game.

And that’s what Boardman was asking for, in his opinion LE could do with a generic quick movement skill such as a roll…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.