Stash problem after patch 0.7.8b SC MODE

Hi I wanted to inform the development team that after the patch as reported in the NT there has been a deterioration the pages are not ordered and they duplicate each other this means that instead of having 1 page I have 2 but only 1 works … now I don’t know if it is I who did not understand how it works but in this mode ONLY THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN please the TEAM please check and possibly solve it … if possible THANKS

Hi Hydeo, I’ve seen a couple people with an issue like this. Could you send me your Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file from your saves directory so I can attempt to fix it? You’ll have to add .txt to the end of the file name for the forum to allow you to upload it.

I have same problem, but where the save file to upload?

C:\Users{xxxxx}\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

If you’re using windows. It’s the Saves subdirectory for the same place as the log files.

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.txt (140.2 KB)

Thanks LLAMA8 , and here’s my file

That’s a big stash file haha. I took a look at it and it seems to be totally fine. I loaded it in and I can’t really see the issue with it. Can you be more specific as to the problem? Does it solve itself after a reload?

I also have this problem, here’s summary how it happened:

• Started a new SSF character. Only 1 tab was available at start
  • During campaign I boughty couple new tabs
  • At some point after campaign I noticed I had 8 tabs, most of them I had not bought.
  • I tried to make a new category and move tabs around when I noticed some weird behaviour. Video below demonstrates it; first 2 tabs are ok, rest seems to select wrong tab/category:

Couple more details:

• Relog does not fix the problem
  • I also saw on stream that bug happens even without making any new categories (was also new SSF character)

I think you can reproduce the bug with new SSF character when you buy tabs early.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s very helpful.

In case it helps, I had similar issues myself for the tabs. I had 6 tabs when I started but in (SC character, not SSF, first ever character) and I saw the stash had duplicated tab one on the display.

So it displayed like:
[Stash Tab 1] [Stash Tab 1] [Stash Tab 2] [Stash Tab 3]…

The first tab’s button was not interactible, but clicking the second “stash tab 1” properly opened it. Every other tab then opened the previously numbered tab (so tab 3 opened 2, 4 opeened 3, etc.).

At first I just assumed it was a bug that would be resolved in the patches but I looked into after it not being addressed and found this thread. I checked the file where the stash data was indicated and I noticed that at the end where the tabs are listed, Tab 1’s data was indeed duplicated in the list like this:

“tabs”:[{“tabID”:0,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 1”},{“tabID”:0,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 1”},{“tabID”:1,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 2”},{“tabID”:2,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 3”},{“tabID”:3,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 4”},{“tabID”:4,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 5”},{“tabID”:5,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 6”},{“tabID”:7,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 8”}]}]}

(as a side note, when I went to make a new tab it seems to have skipped tabID 6 and gave me 7; Likely your internal code is counting the existing amount and adding one, but since tab 1 was duplicated it gave me tabID 7 instead of tabID 6 which seemed to make the tab not interactable)

I made the following adjustments and it seemed to fix it for me:

“tabs”:[{“tabID”:0,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 1”},{“tabID”:1,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 2”},{“tabID”:2,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 3”},{“tabID”:3,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 4”},{“tabID”:4,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 5”},{“tabID”:5,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 6”},{“tabID”:6,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 7”}]}]}

(removed the second tabID 0 /tab 1 entry, and fixed the tabID 7 entry to be tab 6)

Hopefully that can help you guys figure out what might be happening internally.

edit: I realize I had the same issue where the first (only) Category was also duplicated. I was able to fix it in a similar fashion.

1 Like

can u tell me plz where is that file i cant find it so i can fix this promblem is very annoying with the stash tabs

It was posted earlier in the thread:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

I strongly recommend you make a backup before you try adjusting anything though.

Thanks Pyrotics, this is what I had come up with too. I’m working on a way to have it not happen in the first place and hopefully fix the ones that it is already happening to.

Edit: I also edited your post to show the username, if you use angle brackets like that it hides it because it thinks it’s markdown.

That’s a big stash file haha. I took a look at it and it seems to be totally fine. I loaded it in and I can’t really see the issue with it. Can you be more specific as to the problem? Does it solve itself after a reload?

20200531230359-1
crush smileys

The problem is still here, it’s only on one of my SSF characters “Solo_Naw_Blade” … Here’s how it came to happen:

1. After patch 0.7.8 I started totally new SSF character (not even wanting to log on other characters to not mess up their stash)
  2. Played the character for a while, and bought only two tabs, renamed and recolored them
  3. I relogged on that character fine, as long as I didn’t login any other character
  4. waited for patch 0.7.8b, and thought problem fixed now, so I logged on other characters
  5. other characters stash was/still fine, whether SSF or normal SC
  6. now relogging on my latest SSF characters adds other 6 stash tabs I never bought, all with generic names, and can’t select them… They are the bugged ones (in Screenshot). There’s also duplicated category I never created on this character also named “General”
  7. relog/reopen game/restart steam/restart PC doesn’t solve the problem

And sorry of the looking into my file takes much of your time, but I just still have the same problem on same character.

If you have some instruction for me to fix it, that would be sweet … And thanks in advance.

Don’t want to step on any toes here, but I took at look at your uploaded stash file and I can see where the issue is (though not why it happened, of course).
In your stash for “Solo_Naw_Blade” Stash it has 1) duplicated General Category (like I did) and an extraneous Stash Tab 1-6 (which are, i Believe, the default ones given to non-SSF).

Based on how I fixed mine, I’d take this last chunk of text from the file:
“categories”:[{“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“General”},{“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“General”}],“tabs”:[{“tabID”:0,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:19,“colorID”:9,“displayName”:“Starter”},{“tabID”:1,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:20,“colorID”:6,“displayName”:“Idols”},{“tabID”:2,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:5,“colorID”:12,“displayName”:“Uni”},{“tabID”:0,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 1”},{“tabID”:1,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 2”},{“tabID”:2,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 3”},{“tabID”:3,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 4”},{“tabID”:4,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 5”},{“tabID”:5,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Stash Tab 6”}]}]}

And change it to this:

“categories”:[{“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“General”}],“tabs”:[{“tabID”:0,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:19,“colorID”:9,“displayName”:“Starter”},{“tabID”:1,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:20,“colorID”:6,“displayName”:“Idols”},{“tabID”:2,“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:5,“colorID”:12,“displayName”:“Uni”}]}]}

I offer this suggestion purely based on my (limited) understanding of the stash file, and you might want to wait for Mike or another dev to weigh in. If you do try this I encourage you to make a backup of your files, of course.

I also have no way of knowing if this would prevent the issue from happening again if you switch between characters again.

2 Likes

I tried what you suggested, and it really worked. I didn’t delete entire text and copy the new one, but just deleted the extra lines and commas and made sure brackets is correct , and it worked.

I tried logging into another SSF character, then another SC character, then log on him again, and it still showed the correct stash tabs, and when buying new stash tab it now show the correct gold required for a 4th tab (3000 gold, rather than 40000 if I tried with the extra bugged 6)… So it seems you have nailed it …

I don’t know if problem will happen again with a new SSF character, or if another SC character will affect this character again in the future… But everything seems fine for now

Big Thank you, that saved me a lot of hassle.

Glad it worked for you. If I had to hazard a guess as to why it happens:

It might have to do with the game generating the “deafult” tab/category data the first time someone jumps onto a character with the new tab system from 0.7.8 (possibly just the non solo characters; I haven’t tried making one to be certain).

As such, you never made played one of your non SSF characters until after you played your SSF character, thus triggering the game to generate the junk General Category and the default Stash Tab 1 - Stash Tab 6.

1 Like

I’ve got a lead on what’s happening. Recreating the scenario is shockingly difficult so testing it isn’t going great. The information in this thread has been incredibly helpful. Thank you all and I’m sorry it’s not quite as smooth a transition as I had expected.

2 Likes

Thx Pyrotics, had the same problem, fixed it with your workaround *g

Auto-fix should be live now. No need to be manually editing it any more. After 0.7.8d you still have issues, please reply to this comment.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.