Spells as a light source

While torches etc. cast a proper light on the environment, spells do not. The game looks really pretty overall but I feel something is missing… When you cast a fireball or a static orb in a dark cave it stays dark and it looks kinda unnatural.
It would be neat if there was an option to add a subltle (no overkill bloom :wink: ) colored ambiant lighting effect for spells that illuminates floors, walls, rocks, props etc, that would make combat at night and in dark areas even more dynamic.
… if it is not too taxing effort/ performance-wise…

1 Like

Dynamic light is quite taxing in forward rendering but not in deferred. I believe before we could pick rendering mode but this options it’s not present anymore (unless it never was and I am just confused) but overall I agree, would love to see some dynamic lightning, but if they are using forward rendering…well, I guess we have to live without it (or have it as option, which will tank performance by a lot)

2 Likes

It would be nice to have, but I doubt we would see it any time soon (ie, before launch, unless it’s easy to implement).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.