Sorc passive archmage typo?

The tooltip for archmage says - value tripled if you have 300 maximum mana.
is this a typo and should say - value tripled if you have OVER 300 maximum mana?

i have an Idol that says my cold damage % is doubled if i have over 200 max mana.
i cant see on my character sheet anywhere to see if its tripling the adaptive damage.

Yeah, adaptive damage isn’t shown anywhere on the character sheet. But you should be able to tell the different on the training dummy.

Using the dummy doesn’t show me if the passive has added 1 or 3 adaptive damage. The way the passive reads to me is that if I go over 300 mana then I would not receive the triple bonus.

Not directly, no, but you would see higher average damage if you have over the mana threshold compared to under it. Ideally you’d test it with some gear that only adds mana to take you over the threshold without adding anything else (int, or any other affixes that add damage).

You don’t need that precise amount for the bonus to apply.

I don’t consider it a typo, but I wouldn’t be opposed to the text potentially being changed.

Why don’t you need the amount that the idol/passive says you need?

If I had $300 in my wallet and someone asked whether I have $50, I would say yes.

If someone asked whether I had $500, I would say no.

So do I need to be 300 and under or 300 and over to get the bonus?

Presumably it’s anything at or above 300 will give you the bonus & it’s just a typo that could do with being updated. Since from Sarno’s posts, you get the bonus if you have at or over 300. Whereas if the passive were working as the text says, you’d only get it if you had exactly 300.

Sarnos analogy is that anything over the 300 is a no. I would take that as a no to getting the bonus. But if it’s under $300 like he said $50 it is yes.
@Sarno can you give a yes or no answer to this. Do you only get the bonus adaptive damage with 300 or lower mana?

You’ve inverted what I said.

You need at least the figure cited.

Ok well in that case the tool tip needs to be changed.
It should say a minimum of 300 mana or over 300 mana. Not a maximum of 300 mana. Maximum of 300 mana means do not go over 300.

Oh, that’s the source of confusion. Now I understand.

If you look at the mana globe you’ll see two numbers. The first is your current mana, which goes down when you spend mana. The second is your maximum mana, which is the highest value your current mana can reach. The passive refers to the latter.

1 Like

Nope, I understand the current/max mana. This isn’t the issue.
At the moment your tool tip reads max mana needs to be <300 or =300 max mana.
Like I said you have equipment tooltips correct which read “must have over 300 max mana”. This is how the archmage passive should be presented also.

https://imgur.com/a/6T7ttYJ

Yeah, as I said, it’s a typo that needs to be fixed, then it’d be aligned with the idols that give you a bonus if you have at least x mana.