I would like to give some feedback for the Forge Guard and especially all builds that revolve around manifested gears (Manifest Armor and Manifested weapons mainly).
First of all, I really like the concept of temporary gears summoned by the for guard this is really cool and unique.
The manifest Armor is awesome but I feel like it is a bit “empty”. The skills it is using when you unlock them in the skill tree are not really shiny and the cooldowns are too long imo.
I would add two major nodes in the Manifest Armor skill tree :
– Lone guardian : If the manifested armor is the only manifested gear currently summoned, it gets X% increased damage, health and size. This could give some space for builds relying only on the manifested armor (and deter using the Manifested shields which is a trade off damage <–> protection)
– Replicating guardian : The Manifested Armor replicated your melee skills but deal X% less damage (it replicates so benefits from skill trees) This one would make the Manifested Armor much cooler and interactive !
Forge Guard mastery lacks of manifested-oriented passives. It would be nice to add a few ones that create synergies between manifested gears and the player such as :
– One for All : Manifested gears have X% increased attack speed while close to the player.
– All for One : The player gets X% increased damage for every manifested gears around him. (Manifested gear are all summoned gear so weapon, armor, shields)
– Infused gears : Manifested gears benefits from X% of the player stats (should be a pretty small number since it affects all stats)
– Glorious Death : whenever a manifested gear dies or reach its maximum duration, every allies around it healed by X health and deals X added damage for the next hit.
It is something that has already been asked but I want to say it again : unique gears effects should all work on manifested gears, it can let people do funny/original builds with some cool unique interactions.
Manifested weapon don’t follow the player and it makes the management really messy. They should follow the player like other minions.
What about adding the skill “Manifest Weapon” so that it can have a full skill tree ? And every skills that can manifest weapons just act as casting this skill ? This would make manifested weapon less underwhelming.
Putting the Holy Aura as a Paladin-only skill was a bit rude for the Forge Guard that could shine with all his manifested gears. I can understand that Holy Aura stay as a Paladin-only aura but in this case another Aura would be nice for the Forge Guard.
Thanks for reading my post and I hope EHG will see it and have some talk about those points internally !