Some calculations, that proves that lighting shock is buged

lets take monolith with mod : monsters have resist equal to 50% their life.
we can assume that average monster life in monolith is 4000.]
So elemental resist is around 2000.
And without shock monster will resist 2000/(2000+4000) = 0.33 => 33% damage will be resisted.
Now my stats that effect shock:
lightning blast
60% shock chance (lightning blast - volatile lightning)

passives
16% (ceraunamancer) 50% shock effect (‘arcane current’ 1 point)

gear
43% shock chance - tome of elements
142% shock chance, 494% shock effect- stormtide
49% 46% shock effect - invoker static charge
11% - idol

sum:
321% shock chance
589% effect

3.21 stacks * 100 penetrtion (1+5.89) = 2211.69 - penetration per lighting spell hit

So after first hit monster resistance will be:
-211/211+4000 = -0.05,
after second hit monster resistance will be:
-2422/2422+4000 = -0.37,
So 3 hits in a row with damage X will result in damage taken like this : 0.66X , 1.05X, 1.37X
So second hit will do 50% more damage then first, third hit will do more then double damage of first hit.
But in reality seems like all 3 hits do same damage.
Its need to be fixed.

Yes, it’s invalid

1 Like

Yes, it’s been known for a while that shock (& armour/protection shred) is not particularly effective.

Also, your maths is a bit wonky. If you’re doing protection / (protection + health), then that second hit would be -2,422 / (-2,422 + 4,000) = -154% damage mitigated (ie, a significant increase). That said, I’m not sure what they would do since the 4th hit the protection figure would be -4,635 so the sign flips again & you get +730% damage reduction…

Plus you’d always have integer stacks of shock, so you’d have either 3 or 4 after the first hit, not 3.21, but I’m being pedantic.

no the formula is protection / (abs(protection) + health)
source: https://lastepoch.gamepedia.com/Combat_Calculations#Damage_Taken_Calculations
for integer number of stacks you are right, its like average math.
Its not about shock to be effective or not.
Its just looks like pure bug.
If resolved shock would be very effective vs mobs with not huge health pool.

i have feeling its still not fixed in current patch.
With heavy investment in shock effect i suppose to see great increase in damage numbers from second hit. Its not the case now

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.