So the Crafting Target is "All Items Fractured"?

After crafting many items i finally ask myself, why all my self crafted items are

“FRACTURED” >

because this is the max crafting state before it comes creepy, and further than that, you sincerly break items which is no fun to see after endless grind and invested time…

And i honestly ask myself each time i open my Inventory, if i like the fact that i have a whole yellow Item set of “FRACTURED” and so almost broken gear which i cant ever improve any further…

This whole Fractured and Damaging crafting stuff is honestly completly de-motivating to me.

No way of getting rid of the “Fractured” state…

The only way to get a better Item is to start over the more than annyoing crafting with his high risk to fracture even if the craftin Panel says only “5%” to fracture because something is weird with all this crafting…

This reminds me about some Korean, Chinese Lucky Coin crafting games i have played and hated for this pointless crafting which targeted at my Real Money to sell me Luck items that should improve the chance for success.

So if its the final goal of the game, that every advanced player, has “FRACTURED” yellow gear which simply looks like trash to me, because its locked, even with working stats then i really wonder whats the sense behind this…

Do you guys plan to sell unlock Items per >>Online-Store<< for €€ $$ Cash or is there any other reason for this depressing and de-motivating system but leaving the players with amost broken gear ?

To me theres no other explaination for this de-pressing Crafting system than a planned Online Store that sells advanced Crafting items…

1 Like

What you are suggesting is essentially a ‘pay-to-win’ MTX item, which doesn’t track with the companies stated goals for MTX items. I would find its inclusion HIGHLY unlikely and something that would probably drive a significant portion of the player base from the game.

This quote from Sarno seems significantly pertinent here: “We’re an indie team, and all of EHG’s shareholders are members of our team. We’re just a bunch of nerds trying to make a video game. Being able to continue development and pay for servers does require some income, but we don’t need to ruin the game over it.”

Sarno makes many other good points in this thread (linked below) that has basically divulged into the same 3 or 4 arguments for and against MTX in the game. But yes, MTX are certainly always going to be a contentious subject among the players.

“Do you guys plan to sell unlock Items per >>Online-Store<< for €€ $$ Cash or is there any other reason for this depressing and de-motivating system but leaving the players with amost broken gear ?”
–> This shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. EHG will never do that and if you searched at least a little bit about what they plan to sell with real money you would not say this kind of nonsense. It will only be purely cosmetics and never be ingame perks.

You can not like how the crafting is designed but you can’t say those stupid assumptions.
I personnaly enjoy how the crafting is, it is super open, easy to understand and yet hard to craft or find full perfect items. The chase for gear is well done and it is important for arpgs.

1 Like

Every single aRPG that has crafting has some form of RNG that makes it difficult to get a perfect item. In PoE it’s that the affixes you get are random (or semi-random if you’re using fossils/etc to give you a better chance of a certain class/type of affix). In LE, you can choose which specific affixes you want on an item but to counter/offset that we get a random chance for the item to fracture. If we didn’t have fracturing then as soon as you got to a certain level, you’d have all your items with 4x t5 affixes, probably max roll. Then you’d just be complaining that there’s no loot hunt in an aRPG…

Nice then we will wait and see if there wont be any $$ €€ items for crafting.

Time will tell.

btw. i dont have the time to study Last Epoch… and read everything and anything about it.

I was just wondering about this weird frustrating crafting system…
and why it was created so depressing…

This was the second item that google gave me when I searched for “Last Epoch MTX”.

I’m currently playing the D2 mod for Grim Dawn (Reign of Terror, a very well done total conversion, given the limitations of the GD engine) & I keep wanting to craft my gear to add on affixes, then remember that you can’t do that in GD. :frowning: Fracturing items is definitely frustrating, but so is spamming chaos/essences/fossils/etc in PoE.

The thing is crating can be depressing if you do it “wrong” or have bad luck. If you want a good item you need a drop with at least 2 T3s on it to have remote chance of 4T5s because of stability and the chance to fracture, even with stability glyphs. On top of that I almost never craft before lvl 50 when almost all prefixes and affixes are dropped.

1 Like

The only thing I wish to have is a rare glyph (with limited accessibility,) that allows us to remove an affix of choice.

The rest of the crafting system is super nice. It may take some time to get that perfect crafted item though. As @Irrelevant said you can do something wrong. It’s not a good idea to start crafting on an item that has 2xT2 affixes on it (or even whites) when the goal is to have some t5 affixes on it.

I’ll skip items with low tier rolls for crafting even when the combination of stats is ok. The chance of success is small. So shattering and grinding for the next item to craft on is the plan.

For the beginning of the story crafting is mighty as hell. Even with 2 good affixes in gear that you increase while leveling this is a huge factor compared to somebody who does not craft.

The possibilities of this crafting system are huge. You have so much control and potential in gear progression. If this would not be restricted through fracturing it would be far too mighty. You could craft your max gear withinn5 minutes and fly through everything.

Another point is that you keep on posting conspiracy theories of how the devs cheat on us. Those members that are involved in beta or even alpha and witnessed the development of this game for a longer time may take your accusations personally.

So far theres no reason to doubt that the guys and girls of EHG want to deliver the best product possible and treat us fairly.

Theres no harm in discussing mechanics and exchange opinions. Every opinion is equally important.

But I have to admit that I have massive problems to have an objective discussion with you when you as a 3 day member of this forum permanently assume bad intentions for every aspect of the game that does not fit your flavour.

If you could please stop this we could really start discussing.

1 Like

Hi Everybody!
I know we haven’t done many MTX items yet so it’s hard to judge how it will be long term. One thing that we have been extremely clear on since day 1 is that we will never ever sell power for real money. We really want everyone to be confident in the feeling that they can get to the top of the ladder with the same amount of time and effort as anyone else, no matter how much money they have put in to the game.

Edit: Also, nobody on the team has ever tried to pitch that we should charge for power in any meeting I’ve been in.

The biggest piece of evidence as to our intentions on this matter that I can point to is the brand new stash tabs. We could very easily have sold more stash tabs for real money. I don’t think this is a bad thing to do on a title that doesn’t have a box price. However, because we aren’t free to play, we give stash tabs for in game gold. (I’m really trying to be clear that I’m not hating on a certain ARPG.)

With regards to crafting items specifically, it’s far from finished. We have dozens of ideas for new crafting items. Not all of those ideas will make it in to game but I know some of them will for sure. We do keep our eyes out for what types of new crafting items you all want and we take that into consideration when we are designing them. This pretty much goes for all aspects of the game.

12 Likes

A rune that can reroll implicit values please Mike (better if it doesn’t add instability).

absolutely spot on. didnt like it in Lineage 2, Black Desert Online, Perfect World International, Rappelz, Tera, Aion, and quite literally the majority of Korean/Chinese MMORPG/Mobile games that have item upgrades. this kind of system does not belong in ARPGs.

imo, a better system should replace this one. Loot that drops needs to have equal significance to crafting in that crafting is not the primary progression. literally no one can do end game without heavily crafted items. this completely diminishes the “Looting” aspect of this type of game.

People wanna talk about how Crate handles crafting in GD. GD respects the investment you put into looting. you get blueprints to craft RNG/Specific gear or use drops without one being more important that the other. get duplicates of a set times that drop? transmute them into different piece of the same set/other set making dropped items still important to loot. transmutation is costly to. it isnt something that you can just do with no investment.

What are you talking about? Crafting in this game is based on drops. You can pull the affixes from the gear that isn’t great to create one that fits your build. There should NEVER be a crafting mechanic with no risk. It defeats the purpose then.

1 Like

I still think the whole crafting system is kind of funny because items with mods drop and have max stability but if you try to craft a white item into something better it breaks pretty fast. I still have’nt found a reasoning behind this like magic weapons grow on trees or something arround these lines.

In my eyes crafting is about control skill and the craft. If you have no idea what you do you craft crap. If you are an expert in a certain Craft you craft excellent goods. The only toon ingame with a crafting backround is the Sentinel and it seems like he was able to craft plenty of items without problems according to his backround story so it should be easier for him to craft :D.

I get the mechanic behind crafting and I like it… sure it’s frustrating from time to time but then again every good piece crafted is a fullfillment. On the other side I’m pretty intrested in the lore behind this mechanic because it seems rather wierd and disconnected even to a high fantasy setting.

not entirely correct since anyone with enough gold can just sit at the gambler. the purpose of ARPGs is killing and looting. not sitting at an NPC hoping that after you dump enough gold you get something which you then have to gamble on crafting.

both PoE and GD get it right. D3 gets it right. Dungeon siege 3 gets it right. wait… literally LE is the only one using Korean MMO/Mobile enchanting.

as much as i like various things about this game, imo one of its biggest weakness is the crafting.

D3 Cube crafting = worst RNG system ever. Don’t get me wrong I hate it when Stuff get’s destroyed but then again our char ingame is no crafter outside of the sentinel.If I ask someone to craft a steel platemail who don’t know jack it might take a pretty long time and attempts to do so while a lot of material is destroyed in the process.

You are wrong. Gold is a very limited currency in this game compared to time played. I almost never have much funds and that is just trying to afford the runes to shatter. People that have a ton of gold are the people that run several arenas up into the hundreds of stages. That takes a lot of time.

if only he could straight up craft gear. its more like enchanting which you would expect all the magic casters to be adept at ^_^.

once i went through on my necromancer i had/have enough gold to straight up (on new characters) pull armor from the first vendor in that first outpost and put mods into gear. this completely invalidated picking up any items that werent crafting materials, gold, and uniques.

Edit: and then straight on to the gambler at council chambers and end of time.

I make less than 50k gold running through the story to completion. That doesn’t go very far. I have gambled a lot, but it is cheaper to just hunt for affixes from the normal armor vendor. Once you start trying to find elemental resists per item equipped and dodge per item equipped maybe you will see a lot more grinding for affixes. You won’t be able to gamble those cost effectively.