Smite does not proc future strikes

Future strikes says that any hit has a % chance to inflict a hit for 50 void damage 2 seconds in the future, but it doesn’t get proc’d by Smite or Smite’s Fissure which it should given the wording.

Other anomalous interractions are that Hammer Throw only procs future strikes once (even if it hits twice, once going out, once coming back), Abyssal Echoes doesn’t proc it either (but it is a dot, so therefore doesn’t hit).

Therefore Smite is the only spell that hits that doesn’t proc future strikes. Every other melee skill or spell that hits procs future strikes.

I think this has to do with another bug on smite. Smite hits don’t apply ailment effects like ignite/shock/poison etc. unless that ailment is from the smite specialization (ignites/shocks).
Future strike isn’t a hit either, it seems to register like a stacking DoT effect, which is why it’s probably not working here.

Sounds about right.

I wasn’t aware of the bug causing Smite to not apply ailments, but that’s what’s responsible here. Ignite, Shock, and Future Strikes are all ailments.

I’ve made a note of this internally. Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Cool, so is that going to be fixed along with fissure’s duration?

While the Fissure duration has been fixed in 0.7.7, Smite still doesn’t proc Future Strikes.

0.7.8, Smite still doesn’t proc future stikes/poison/etc. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.