Skills I had before a global reset can't be levelled

I had a Paladin in Spring with shield charge and holy aura at level 15 and at first I thought it was my imagination but eventually I realized that when I levelled up and would go to apply points the exp would be set back to zero. For awhile I thought I might have accidently clicked something but yeah I realized its these skills that my character had before a reset that I cannot level at all actually.

Is there a way around this? Do I have to start them from zero or delete the character?

There was a change of the skill XP system. Skills level speed got adjusted. All your skills that you had before get new level ups. But if you did not respec anything you donā€™t get any points to spend.

Please check your skilltrees. All your points should still be in, except for skills that got changed drastically (e.g. Flame Ward) where you got a refund of your points.

Theres no harm and nothing you can do. Just ignore the level up messages. At some point the new system catches up with your current skill spec and everything will be back to normal.

I donā€™t totally understand. My skills were level 15 and the nodes i selected for them work, but when the xp bar reaches for the next level, I see the notification that the skill can be levelled and then when i click in teh xp has been returned to zero. But it was gaining before that.

I think the skill really are at that level because I have other new skills which have caught up and those are working. Its just the skills I had from before.

Yes, thatā€™s because of the skill xp requirement rework. Your ā€œoldā€ skills have less xp than is required for levels the new xp requirements, so as you level them up and they get more xp they pass through the xp requirements for levels you already have, hence you get the ā€œskill has levelled upā€ announcement.

For example, lets say skilles used to require 1 million xp to hit lvl 15. In the new world, 1 million xp might only get you to lvl 10. Therefore, as your skills lvl up & get more xp, they pass through the amounts of xp required to hit lvls 11-15 in the new requirements, but your skill is already lvl 15 so you canā€™t get those points again. Itā€™s annoying, only affects characters who were created before the skill xp rework & will stop when they get the amount of xp they need in the new world.

1 Like

ahhh gotcha thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.