Shock Status Effect Question (Negative Resistance?)

I currently have a 300% shock chance and 800% shock effect. I’m also using channeled Elemental Nova to attack 5 times per second. Shock is supposed to stack and reduce elemental resistances on enemies by 100 per stack. I’ve noticed on enemies, and on the target dummy, my damage goes up slightly once I’ve applied 1 stack of shock but never any further. If shock lasts 4 seconds, I’m attacking 5 times per second etc, I should be reducing enemy elemental resistance to zero and then negative almost instantly. I see no evidence of this in the displayed damage numbers.

Can a player or developer clarify this? My theory is that I can’t reduce enemy resistance below 0, or the damage numbers aren’t displaying correctly. In a game where I can get these insane shock status numbers that seems very disappointing. There are currently no results on Google when searching negative resistances in Last Epoch.

Edit: I posted same question on reddit and received some answers there. I don’t fully understand the formula however it would appear if enemies don’t have resistance to elemental, stacking large amounts of shock chance/effect aren’t worth the cost.

The dmg increase may be bounf to the shock effect that isn’t applied per stack but only once? I have no clue and that’s a pretty good point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.