Rogue concept design part 2 (Marksman)

Marksman

Main stats: dexterity
Main weapons: Bow, crossbow, off hand melee weapon.

Philosophy: The marksman is patient, he lays a trap and waits for his prey to walk into it. He doesn’t take bad shots, only the perfect ones.

Class passive trait: Considerably reduced aggro range and threat generation. Increased trap placement range.

Core Abilities:

Resonating arrow: Fire an arrow into the ground at a targeted location, drawing the attention of enemies who are not otherwise occupied.

Exploding arrow: Fire an arrow which detonates against the first enemy struck, dealing fire damage and igniting all enemies near the initial target.

Tar Trap: Arm a trap at the target location, detonating when an enemy walks over it and creating a large patch of slowing tar. Tar may catch fire under certain circumstances (exploding arrow and a few other skills ignite the tar to deal bonus fire damage)

(high tier/ marksman only abilities)

Snipe: Line up the perfect shot, dealing massive damage to the first enemy struck, snipe deals bonus damage to uninjured enemies.

Unlimited: for the next 5 seconds, all skills and abilities have no cooldown, cost no mana, and create an echo of the marksman who will repeat the ability at a nearby enemy once unlimited ends. When unlimited ends you lose all mana.

Passive nodes (Aside from generic ones)

Longshot: Ability damage is increased the longer a projectile travels before striking an enemy.

Magic Fletching: Ranged skills deal base elemental damage of all types.

Maximum draw: Ranged skills deal more damage if no ranged skills have been used in the last 3 seconds.

Between the eyes: the first attack against enemies is guaranteed to crit.

2 Likes

Really cool ideas you bring up here also for bladedancer and falconer! Im kinda surprised if we will see so much trap support in this game. I havent heard anything about trap skills, but i would welcome a playstyle like this.
Can’t wait for marksman, gonna be my main class for sure:)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.