Resistance Changes Feedback Thread

If you only look at at 100% GB you are totaly right. If you llok at 75% resists on every protection stat then everything looks a bit different ^^.

I agree, I have played this game on/off for over a year and ive never seen such a small community of people outright defend bad mechanics and the game in general. I know why…they were hoping to gain ‘Community Tester’ status

Its actually far far worse in game than these forums, that PoE is actually less toxic in that sense which is unbelievable

The sad thing is, I would actually offer way more comprehensive feedback about this game as I have no patience for bullshit anymore and if something appears not right im gonna call it out.

Lagon could possibly be removed from the game until he is sorted out. Last time I tried to fight him my last 2 builds couldn’t even damage him with attacks - I posted this in chat ingame my Lightning Blast wouldn’t actually hit and I was told "doing something wrong’ Yeah by wasting time on that boss.

You must have missed the following then:

If you go through it at 1/2 speed, it’s a lot clearer (which is not necessarily the best for a mechanic), he doesn’t actually start the skill until after you thought he did, you can see his eye red there but not (much) earlier.

Then he goes right & starts his channel.

The majority of the time it’s clear, but the switch between states around 2-4s wasn’t particularly clear. Not sure how that could be fixed.

In the one very specific case/example, that LE is currently mostly populated by fans/superfans than the much, much much larger PoE, yeah, ok.

If you were using Lightning Blast cast by Static, yeah, that doesn’t work because it uses Static’s range for casting not Lightning Blast & there’s a bug report for that (here).

If you’re talking about manually casting Lightning Blast at hit then that should be working ok.

1 Like

The best would’ve been if there was no “Community Tester” badge. I thought about this the very first time it was announced.

People see the badge and think “Oh see, here they come! Elitists that look down on us normal players.” I saw that “Yeah, the ‘Yes Ma’am’ squad is finally formed…”

I don’t know how EHG chose the people that were invited to take part. But we’re all very different players with different focus of gameplay elements. It’s a diverse group. Some are content creators, some are more on the hardcore front, others are not. We discuss a lot and have differnt opinions on topics.

So if somebody with the CT badge posts something and another guy with the same batch agrees, this is not because they are Community Tester. They just have the same opinion on a topic.

This has nothing to do with the badge. Often people like to see patterns where there are none.

Edit: Maybe this looks like I jump in to help my Community Tester buddy Llama. But Thats not the truth. I don’t defend him because he’s a CT like me. I defend him, because I know him since I started playing and he’s one of the nicest guys here on the forum. That’s the only reason. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You got a valid answer as to why your assumption was wrong. Maybe the “wonky” animations are there to purposefully throw off people that are new to the fight. It isn’t supposed to be easy. People told you that it is based on when his eye turns red. His head bob is meaningless. You dismissed this and kept on with your complaint.

At some point, people get fed up with people that won’t take the information. Some start to get snarky when someone won’t take the criticism. Maybe you would have been received better had you responded to that information with “Thanks, let me give that a try”. If it works, it works and you are happy. If it doesn’t work, you can come back with that evidence (even if anecdotal).

Um, what exactly was the bad thing on the old defence system?
(asking because i liked the old one)

Being able to scale 12,000 resist to 1,000 HP essentially having a 93% resist. It was too much.

I liked the system, but it was abusable.

And it was confusing to many players used to the traditional way of doing resists.

I also liked it.

1 Like

Just set a cap for that.

This “lowest common denominator”-thing sucks on so many games these days.
:dollar: :euro: :yen: :pound:
+

Resists are too easy to cap right now, and they are completely meaningless since Penetration is now part of level scaling.

Penetration should be rare, and resistances should be very hard to get. People should have to choose to build resists and have it come at the cost of not being able to get something else. Maybe building 75% physical and fire resist means you aren’t going to be able to get a couple other resists above 10%.

It would be nice if resists were actual resists (and not negated by the game having innate penetrations). It would be neat to see people running around with an average of 30 in each resist. They could increase some, but it would force others to be lower. Or they could get all resists higher, but then you don’t have a lot of room for Health or Dodge or Block, etc.

Resists should be meaningful, but not mandatory. It should add another layer of choice. Each mastery could also add some specializations from that as well. Void Knight could get more Void resist in their tree. Forge Guard could get Fire resist in the tree. Druid could get Physical resist in the tree. Every mastery should have 2 forms of defense they are good at. Each resist counts as a form separately.

I like that resists can cap. I like the % system. I don’t like the current implementation. I haven’t seen a game that made it impossible to cap every resist. Maybe that is something a game should try.

That could also lead into a long-term game goal of allowing different gear sets. This would only be a thing if players could predict the type of damage they would be taking in a stage. I have talked about monsters matching the biome in other threads. It is annoying that they currently don’t.

1 Like

If enemies have up to 75% PENETRATION by area level 75…then that means they will reduce resistances by 75%, depending on the resistance type they are attacking with …so 75-75 = 0%. If you have 150% resistance and enemies have 75% PENETRATION by area level 75…NOT SHRED …PENETRATION…then 150-75=75% left over resistance for the type of dmg they are doing…effectively making the true resistance cap 150% to HARD CAP it…

That is wrong. Penetration is calculated after resist is capped. The MOST resist you can have at 75+ after pen is 0.

It goes in order;

1. Shred (20 stacks max, -40 resist on players at max stacks)
  2. Resist is then capped down to 75% if above that.
  3. Penetration is calculated lowering effective resist.
2 Likes

Note the last line.

As Darkdeal says, you get your resistance, then shred, the cap is applied (if you post-shred resist is above 75%) then the per area-level penetration.

There is no point in going above 140% (cap of 75 + max shred of 40 + Mark for Death’s -25) & limited point in going much above 75 since there isn’t that much shred in this game & mobs having Mark for Death is kinda rare (even if you pick it as a monolith modifier). Some overcap between 75 & 140 is a good idea, but feeling that you absolutely have to have 145% leaves you missing out on other affixes (offensive & defensive). A decent chance for Frailty on hit will give you more defensive benefit when you need it more (bosses) than going balls to the wall on on resists (140%).

Penetration applied AFTER resistance cap.

145% resist. Apply cap = 75%. THEN apply area penetration = 0%.

75% resist. Apply cap = 75%. Apply area penetration = 0%.

Whether you’re at 145% or 75%, you’ll be at 0%. Damage is normalized with area penetration. This was put in place so going below max resist increased your damage taken at face value. If you’re 25% below max resist, you take 25% more damage. Without area penetration, being below 25% max resist means you take 100% more damage.

I wouldn’t say damage is normalized. Just resistance don’t matter anymore.

That’s kinda what normalisation means though, in that context.

What I mean was they reduced damage across the board due to the penetration changes since the absolute damage values goes up with penetration (1000 damage with penetration means you take 1000 damage, old system you had damage reduction working to reduce that 1000 damage).

1 Like

Help Math Gurus!

I was building Forge Guard full ARMOR…
Later in game i wanted to go 50/50 armor/dodge. IS it viable?
I have some difficulties making it 50% reduction from armor with 50% dodge on T5 maxed gear - since early game this was possible, but late game - dodge downscales with enemy level - and it seems impossible? The same 600 dodge doesn’t give me 50% dodge anymore as before :sob: and later it might be completely unusable to go hybrid.

What is your experience, should i choose one (armor) and stick with it?

Go to https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/ and click on “armor mitigation” and “dodge chance”. Set your area level to whatever you want and look at the graph to see at what armor/dodge value you need to hit what percent you want. Conversely you can check by area level. Put in your armor/dodge amount and look at the graph to see your armor mitigation/dodge chance by area level. It looks like you were around level 50 with 600 dodge giving you 50% dodge.

You can have 6 items with % dodge and 9 items with + dodge. Assuming T5 for all, you can get around 1300 - 1500 dodge. That’s of course not taking into account any dodge/armor passives and skills which would boost that to a higher number.

1 Like

Thanks i was using spreadsheets i’ve made, and it was quite obviously going out of hand at around level 90. For level 100 and 50% mitigation armor/dodge i’d need about
6800 armor
1100 dodge
which is impossible. Thanks a lot for the website, wasn’t aware it provides those calculations.

1 Like