Rare affix shards dissapearing when "storing crafting items"

Ok, so this has happened three times to me. The first two I thought I was losing my mind. It just happened again and this time I am sure something is wrong. I found a shard with this affix “extra potion slot and increased health gained from potions” I am paraphrasing. I also recall getting a class specific rare one which also vanished as soon as I dropped it in the stash. Here is system info. I have also attached log file.

Note: I am not looking for them in the crafting interface. I am looking for them in the actual stash. I am aware that not all affixes go on all items.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-V1F7B2V
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model 30BBS2QJ00
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU LENOVO_MT_30BB_BU_Think_FM_ThinkStation P720
Processor Intel® Xeon® Gold 6128 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3392 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Processor Intel® Xeon® Gold 6128 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3392 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO S04KT44A, 4/23/2020
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 18.26
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO
BaseBoard Product 1037
BaseBoard Version SDK0Q40104 WIN 3305665565913
Platform Role Workstation
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “10.0.19041.1”
User Name DESKTOP-V1F7B2V\DeftPaws
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 112 GB
Total Physical Memory 112 GB
Available Physical Memory 101 GB
Total Virtual Memory 128 GB
Available Virtual Memory 107 GB
Page File Space 16.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Here is my system infosystem info.txt (1.6 KB) Player-prev.log (16.8 KB)

Are you sure it’s disappearing? Not trying to discount what you’re experiencing, but just trying to see if it’s another issue. Remember that nownot all affixes can be on all items. The Extra Potion one for example can only be put on Belts. Try searching for any of your missing shards in the Forge UI without an item in the forge slot.

Slight change in meaning for the typo… :smiley:

Yes, they are dissapearing. When I check stash they are nowhere. I am not in the crafting menu, I am in the stash.

They don’t go to the stash where you put items to transfer them between characters, they go to their own “stash” that you can access via the crafting menu.

You are right. Why though? This needs to be explained better.

It’s not in the stash becuase it would take up a lot of stash space?
As soon as you pull up the forge menu all of your shards are displayed to you, and realistically that’s the only time you’d really need to know what shards you have. Also in the Crafting Items tab of your inventory screen, it shows how many Shards are in the forge, though not the specifics of which ones (which can then be seen by hitting the Forge button below it to open the forge).

I think it makes sense, though this confusion does come up from time to time, so the devs might want to throw a tutorial tip for Forges/shards earlier than the Outlaw Camp.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.