Rank 1 forge guard build. For now

Hi, thanks for answering, i am only using warpath for the time being since i cannot perform abyssal echoes efficient without the mana idols or +100 mana from amulet. Also my damage over time seems do only do like 8-10 damage per tick with AE. Currently my AE costs 43 mana per use and i only have 84 mana in total, i am level 51 nearing end of campaign i think.

I am a forge gaurdian and im following all the skill paths from boardman’s build. any recommendations to get AE going as my main source of damage?

You want to set up abyssal echoes to be cost effecient for you so if you lack the mana then try taking more mana effiecency and less recast, but the main thing you want is the node that gives you 28% more melee damage per cast in the last 4 seconds. Put 4/4 points there and with 4 second CD with 2 or 3 recast you can have 75-100% more melee damage and this makes vengenace hit harder. Abyssal echoes wont be your main source3 of damage. team that up with a devouring orb that gives you 60% global damage and vengeance itself gives 100% damage and youll be hitting hard with vengeance in no time.

This build is god awful as starter. heh

Lol I should probably start adding the word endgame to all my titles

well someone recommended this build as a starter to me lol.

1 Like

Depends what you mean by “starter build” i guess. Boardman Abyssal Echoe build is very good for a new player because it’s very tanky, even if the damage is bad at the start.
For me, if i’m a new player, a glass canon build is very bad because i would get one shot or two shot all the time without having the time to understand the patterns of mobs and their damage type.
I won’t learn a lot of stuff due to that…

If you want others “begginer friendly build”, you should check poison build, they’re OP right now for damage (and will be probably be nerfed in the future due to that). The best poison builds are from the Acolyte mastery : The Lich.

Also, you could try my build, this one : Void Forge Guard BUILD Patch 0.7.8 : The Spirals of Deaths, Hammer Throw with Disintegrating Aura

I think it’s quite begginer friendly, because i hit with it waves +200 at arena with a solo self found character and very bad gear (i started from scratch, just like a new player would).

What’s funny is I knew this build was endgame but I figured I’d try it out anyway and just add void hammers to make do. It didn’t go as swimmingly as I had hoped. :slight_smile:

Thanks boardman, seems to be helping. I am doing more damage than warpath now. Another question, when do you use ring of shields? I dont see it in your video guide on skillbar, do you only swap it in during big bosses or something?

Its an auto-proc upon being hit. It comes from a talent higher up in the forge guard tree. I am not on game, so I’d guess its a 30-35 point investment to get to it.

Thanks, i found out earlier today after leveling up.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.