Quick feedback on Play through to Temple of Eterra

Because I have a day job, this will be quick. I am just going to list things that worked for me that I like or loved, and things I did not like. I played a lightning/Meteor Sorc’ through to level 19.

What worked:

• First of all I have a 3 monitor system and was stoked that I could choose the monitor to play on. Nice touch. Not sure if that was part of the Unity engine setup or added in. Either way, was nice.
  • For a pre-Alpha, I thought the environment in pretty good shape. There was obviously so fine tuning to be done, but graphically, it looked good on my system. Running two Geforce GTX 980M in SLI.
  • Looking forward to NPCs, breakables, et cetera as they make the beginning of a loot game a little more fun.
  • Love the passive axis system. The potential for build diversity is huge but not over done like POE.
  • Also found the specialization system well thought out. It did make my meteors a little OP, which was fun.
  • The crafting was a nice system. I was able to breakdown junk gear, and reap the benefit of clearing out my inventory while at the same time upgrading gear that I wanted to keep.
  • Gold pick on proximity. Thank you so much for that.
What I thought needed improvement other than the obvious things I am sure you are working on:
  • Would like to see attacking when no target is hovered over limited to shift key or at least have that bind ability.
  • I thought there would be a clear incentive as a sorc' to use a wand or branch or some such item over a melee weapon. but I could not find one.
  • Really would like a confirmation button on skill pts, passive pts et cetera.
  • I like the easy to read font, but would love something more archaic or custom to give it that special feel.
  • Crafting was a little confusing at first, need some more obvious visual queues when you cant do something.
  • Felt like way more two handers dropped than other weapon types.
Cant wait for the next update. Will definitely support this game on website and Kickstarter. Way to go.

Thank you very much for your kind words Kyndig. We really appreciate you taking the time to check out our game and give feedback.

• Would like to see attacking when no target is hovered over limited to shift key or at least have that bind ability. - Yea, it's a little clunky right now how you can just attack nothing. We are working on that one. Don't expect to see this changed any time in the next month however. Longer term goals.
  • I thought there would be a clear incentive as a sorc’ to use a wand or branch or some such item over a melee weapon. but I could not find one. - The implicit values on wands buff your spells. wands have less melee damage so they aren't as good for physical attacks that the beastmaster can use. It's not quite a big enough deal yet. We will be making certain affixes roll more frequently on certain item types also.
  • Really would like a confirmation button on skill pts, passive pts et cetera. - Very good point, we are working to improve things like this all the time. Lots of UX upgrades coming in the next version on Monday. We don't have all of these in yet but we are working hard to make that happen. The passive system will eventually have a preview image of what area will open up and which nodes will be available after axis points are placed and a confirmation button so you don't use points by mistake.
  • I like the easy to read font, but would love something more archaic or custom to give it that special feel. - We have changed fonts so many times haha. I think this is what we are going to stick with for the Kickstarter demo. I would expect it to change several more times before the full game gets released.
  • Crafting was a little confusing at first, need some more obvious visual queues when you cant do something. - I've done so much to improve this since the last version. You'll be pleased.
  • Felt like way more two handers dropped than other weapon types. - There are! Good catch, we are still working at populating the item types available.
TL:DR good calls all around, we're working on them :)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.