Questions about bleed

Hey I found a Exigastrous or whatever that name was for the “health as ward - no self bleed on low health” and thought about combining it with the “doubles bleed on hit” one-hand axe.

So few questions about bleed:

1. Idols, passives and armor/helm and weapon on acolyte and his Lich tree and armory. That’s about 320% bleed chance you can get or something beside skills. Does this add bleed chance to any effect on hit (melee/spell/curse)?

So my harvest gets 200% from the skill tree and 320% from off-the-skill tree for example? Rip blood would get 100%+320%, spirit plague does 3 stacks on hit + 320%?

What about bone curse? The initial cast has bleed chance or the procc when hit (75% from skill tree and 320% from rest?)

Transplant gets 100% bleed chance or something I remember on each explosion. You can have multiple explosions on arrival for example. So every explosions gets 100%+320%?

1. Is bleed viable endgame? I imagine a Melee low life ward based Lich build, where I plague enemys (apply bleed), transplant in (which applies multiple bleed stacks + casts rip blood which grants bleed stacks and gives ward) and harvest the hell out of enemys.

Maybe add soul feast or bone curse, depending on how the +% bleed Chance from items etc work.

1. Does Int add to bleed dmg with e.g. Transplant/spirit plague (4% per point), which would ideally help with ward retention, harvest damage and bleed dmg, since you can get around 44-50 just from passive tree.

Thanks already! :slight_smile:

Exsanguinous & presumably Undisputed (which isn’t exactly “double bleed”, but it does give up to 200% inc phys damage.

Her, but yes, as long as the passives/gear etc don’t specify “bleed chance on melee hit” then it would apply to all hits (melee or spell), but not hits from Bone Curse (since that explicitly does not apply ailments).

Bone Curse is a bit different. It’s damage when the cursed target takes a hit doesn’t generally proc ailments, so it probably wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) benefit from the +320% from gear/passives/etc. So every time you hit a mob, your hit has it’s chance to apply bleed (from your figures above, 520% for Harvest, 420% for Rip Blood), then the damage hit from Bone Curse would have a 75% chance to apply a bleed.

Yes.

Probably, though I’ve not tried it. Bone Curse does excellent damage if speced for it (Illusion of Pain, Cursed Limbs & the cull from Brittle Bones @ 18%) & IMO, synergises more effectively with Rip Blood since both Bone Curse & Rip Blood are spells, so you pump your adaptive spell damage (base spell damage) & as much % spell damage as you can and cast speed. Cursing the target, then Transplanting in does up to ~7 hits from Transplant + up to 3 Rip Bloods (if there are enough mobs nearby) all of which will proc Bone Curse for very good burst for the initial teleport.

Yes, ailments are buffed by the attribute for the skill that applied them.

Undisputed Looks also nice, but i was taking this Baby Taste of Blood (Legacy) - Unique Battle Axe - One-Handed Axe - Last Epoch Item Database

Despite Taste of Blood, everything off the skill tree is bleed Chance on hit.

On sheet, only from Lich passives I got 666% increased DoT Damage (no pun intented) - items exluded, and I can Benefit from any Damage Benefit that drains life, can Exchange life leech for dmg, and Benefit from Dance with Life passive (triples dmg on low life).

So if I would go only with bleed (only using spells/melee specifically for bleed, since Taste of Blood doubles its Speed = doubles its Damage), bone curse will not work out and can be exchanged for Aura of Decay specced bleed (since Excsanguinous removes the self-bleed on low life anyway).

Also doing the Wing guards for 40% attack Speed and the dodge, and trying to build around that. Lets see how Building around uniques works out!

Respeccing my lvl 85 Lich now to try out. :grimacing:

Edit-update:

low-life-ward on melee that is dependend on bleed (many stacks = takes time) seems not to be the yellow of the egg xD but i will try some more

If your running exsanguois for immunity to bleed but having trouble surviving since you cant leech, try wearing boots last steps if the living for more missing life gained as ward. The 2 uniques paired together is a decent defense

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.