QoL for Pets (and a few other points, mainly relevant to Primalist)

Hi! Been having a great time with Last Epoch, and in particular I’ve stumbled on a wolves-only melee Beastmaster that I’m having a blast playing. That said, I’ve come across a couple of annoyances and thought I’d offer some ideas.

Initial Summoning.
I have six wolves. Summon wolf, wait for phantom cooldown, wait for cooldown, summon next wolf. Repeat … until … six … wolves. Takes ages, feels terrible. Yes, it’s something you need to do only once per session and it’s not the biggest deal in the world, but it’d be nice if it weren’t necessary.

Solution: Summoning Circle in towns / End of Time / whatever. While standing in the circle, pet summoning cooldowns refresh instantly. New behaviour: stand in circle, hit button six times, off you go.

Mouseover pet selection.
I have six wolves and Heal of That Green Icon You Know The One I Mean on my bar (Winds of Eterra, I think?). It is absolutely not feasible to cast a heal on the wolf that I know is hurt; basically impossible to pick them out of a crowd.

Solution: Casting Heal while mousing over a pet health pane casts Heal on that specific pet. This behaviour could conceivably have some use for pet Acolytes using Sacrifice? Dunno, haven’t tried the skill yet.

Bug: Incidentally, I’m also casting Heal through the Frenzy totem nodes that do it automatically, but it seems like a lot (possibly all?) of the nodes don’t work when the spell is used this way – e.g. I have to hardcast Heal myself to get a healing totem, or to have it automatically seek out the lowest-health target (on which subject more below:).

Node Problem: With the amount of health that Primalist pets are packing, the Winds of Eterra node that’s meant to pick out the lowest-health target may as well read: “Heal only self-casts”. I’m guessing that node works on an absolute health basis – maybe it should target the entity at the lowest percentage of its max HP instead?

Stash:
Finally, this isn’t pet-related specifically, but man oh man, do I need more stash tabs. I’m sure you guys are familiar with Path of Exile’s fantastic stash system, but if not – tabs are many, and can be renamed and coloured and drag-and-dropped around to keep things organized.

Players (like me) who really like experimenting with builds are, I’m sure, having a great time with the game – I feel it really strongly rewards that kind of gameplay – but this does mean I want to keep every unique and every class idol, no matter how niche. There just isn’t space for that.

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to seeing this game develop. Real potential for a gem.

3 Likes

I am familiar with Path of Exile’s stash system, and “fantastic” isn’t the word I’d use to describe it. But renaming and moving tabs would be great. Colouring too, but it’s not as necessary.

So, I’m not sure if this works for heals but I can do this with Ice thorns and Maelstrom. Yes I can cast spells onto my wolves and even my illusory tree from the unique ring by hovering over their icon on the top left.

Interesting – given some of the other issues getting the heal to play nice with automatic casts off frenzy totems, I wonder if the issue isn’t just something gone wrong in that specific skill.

I agree. This would be a small quality of life to have a (Summon All) option with the wolves. I currently only have four and will eventually have five. When I log into the game, I’m looking to get into game play quickly. Not wanting to wait the time it takes to summon all the wolves individually. Not sure how to work this into the programming, but it should be tied to Summon Wolf specialization “Safety in Numbers”. So, instead of just being able to summon wolves up to the companion limit. It might also have to ability to summon all wolves instantly up to the companion limit. Then once all wolves are summoned and one dies in combat, you can only summon the missing wolf (if you were unable to revive it) instead of summoning them all again. Tying a Summon All Wolves ability to the “Safety in Numbers” specialization also gives players a nice quality of life bonus when they select that node in the tree. Just spit ballin’. I’ve got about 32 hrs into this game, and I am loving it. Keep up the good work.

Next patch (0.7.8) has stash improvements. Check out this post from the devs: Patch 0.7.8 Completely Overhauls the Stash

I’m with you on the stash, though. I’ve started using some lesser-used starter chars as mules. Ugh. (And I’m about to create ANOTHER one just to be a mule. Ugh again!)

I note that I cant cast {Eterra’s Blessing}on my pets too. I have to swich to {healing wind} to heal my pets.

maybe Amazing? theres plenty of good words to use. Don’t begin to downtalk PoEs stash system when there is no reason to

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.