Purple Gear

After exploring the new MOF I have a question, I manged to find a few pieces of purple gear. I was wondering what is so special about them, after looking at them. I don’t really see anything all that special or great about them. Maybe I’m missing something here. Can anyone explain their purpose?

1 Like

I think some of them have tier 5 shards attached… you can either shatter and get those shards, or basically if you find an item with a good purple quality with say 1 place still open to add a suffix/prefix, then use it like that… but yea… even I could not find anything useful… Crafting is frustrating here… You never get what you want…

2 Likes

The purple affixes on that gear are T6 or T7 affixes.

Crafting in LE is about the most deterministic I’ve seen is any game, you can choose to put on any mod you want if you have the space for it and the affix can go on the particular item (fracturing is the downside of giving the player the choice and that can be frustrating though the glyphs help mitigate that).

Item drops, however, yes you are unlikely for RNG to give you the item you want which is why crafting exists.

6 Likes

Yes I understand… To top it I have made the mistake of using 4 Rare gears which are Unique for just one quality per gear which favours my build… Rest are not so useful… So will have to change that as well… One thing I have realised is that you cannot depend too much on Unique Gear… Always better to craft your own gear… Limit it max to 2 items maybe…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.