Poll - How satisfied are you with the looting

I always try to start with a t13+ these are relatively abundant when you give the gambler all of your gold with a level 55+ now? Used to be level 81+ char.

2 Likes

you don’t start from a white one always start from a good base lol

You would be one of the best player to have a good statistic input here.

Normally how long does it take for you to make a t20 one? Including the time to collect all of the gold?

1 Like

Ive been collecting gold for 17 months now daily

Why does this community think they are entitled to easily create perfect gear?

If you are creating 4xT5 in beta, the game is too easy or not balanced well

Dunno how many ‘T20’ items ive made…maybe 11?
You cannot make a perfect item from a white base basically…why should you be able to in this game?

This is why I hated Harvest league in PoE. So many entitled players demanding Mirror tier gear to clear red maps. Which is the equivalent of NEEDING a Ferrari to drive to work

Between 2 minutes to never. If you could gamble faster all my gear in LE would be utterly perfect but I dont have time to sit at the gambler waiting for shit to spawn in my pack

Crafting weapons in LE is laughably easy. I have about 5 Sovnya’s with 8% base crit and 2x T5 prefixes. I found one Sovnya with 2x T5 and 2x T4 and I dont even play Melee

Also one of the worst things about gearing is the fact you can craft some ‘uber set’ and switch it between characters. I HATE that

1 Like

Well said

I personally like that theres items/crafts that will take me a long time to achieve, because that keeps me hooked on the game. If I had gotten the perfect gear in a month or two then i would definately have stopped playing.
Also no content in the game needs t20 crafts to be able to handle, sure it will make things somewhat easier but not needed at all.

Thats really hard to say, but i wouldnt mind never getting them as long as i enjoy the game. If they were needed to complete some content then i think they should be achievable within reasonable time for every type of player.

It’s not really about how long it takes, it’s about what happens when you get a decent item.

If I have X item and I want to upgrade it, that’s because I am not satisfied with it current stats, so after days (in my case of limited hours of game time) of playing, I get a decent item which has a potential to become good enough to play with, not only that by failed crafting I lose the possibility of making it viable, I lose the very base that was decent.
In my case it took me around 2-3 days to find a decent base item per gear slot, and around 10 days on average to actually manage to partially succeed in making it somewhat good without damaging and throwing it away(these are not the perfect items, just items that I equipped). I am guessing the damaging part is what annoys the players like me the most, not the actual way the crafting is done.

Fair enough, I just commented that i personally think its fine we cant craft perfect gear (t20) in short amount of time.

I’m somewhat happy with the base system, but definitely need to see a lot of refinements. Right now you need to get lucky with getting all of 1) a good base item, 2) the right affixes on four slots, and 3) a good base tier. We tackle the base item problem using the gambler, which frankly I’m not happy with. I spend way too much time there when I want to get out and kill to get loot. We tackle getting the right affixes by using rune of removal and that’s it. You just need to get lucky. We tackle getting a high tiered item using glyph of guardian and that’s it.

We need one of the following two:

1. more options to tinker with affix slots, base item stats, base item drops, and upgrading item tiers
  2. tightened affix drops via a “smart” loot system (for example, a crit base item won’t roll with a DOT affix)

As it is right now, drops are too random (worsened by the lack of a loot filter which EHG is fixing) and the crafting system tools are too shallow. For the crafting system, give us more opportunities to improve gear even if it means lowering the chances of high tiered gear. Fractures blow and would like to see a way to tackle it but that’s been harped on to death so I’ll leave it off here.

I disagree in part with the answer options, by putting the why into the question you skew the results towards whichever answer has the best argument attached to it rather than peoples actual feelings. Also while there is a “best system ever” option there is no “worst system ever” option.

You should have just gone with 1:Best system ever 2:Love it 3:Like it 4:Middling opinion 5:Dislike 6:Hate 7:Worst system ever

Not entirely thrilled with getting 4-6 duplicate uniques of a LOT of items I won’t even use.

For me the two big pain points on itemization are low level base items and junk affixes.

Low level bases ruin any potential of an item. For example I am a staff user playing in the Divine Era. Any base below a Composite Staff is at best shatter fodder if it has an affix I care about. Though that is around the time I am level 50 so I am gambling for Woodland. I know Woodland can drop but it almost never does so I have stopped even bothering to hope for a functional base as a drop.

This is made even worse once you get into Monoliths. Oh cool a t6 Spell Damage affix…on a Hermit Staff.

Which leads me to the other pain point. Junk affixes. This is mostly in reference to t6/7 drops. Weight them to have at most only one more affix please. Even no more affixes would be cool. I am entirely certain my chances of crafting a t6/7 into something useful is higher than it rolling other affixes I’d want. Assuming of course the high affix is one that I actually want, which is far from assured.

I point this out to make it clear, the chance of getting a t6/7 affix drop that is actually potentially usable is small to the point of hopelessness. I don’t get excited when I see a purple drop anymore because I have never once gotten one I could use.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.