Poison Blast Spellblade build

2 Likes

Show build

1 Like
1 Like

Still leveling, and farming it up.

If I’m just going by the in-game chat there are a lot of unique builds people have been creating with the Plague Bearer’s staff that are dealing insane levels of damage due to how poison is currently calculated, most of which I imagine are not the developers intent.

But yeah, cool design and you are certainly right about it having a lot more potential. Also, rest and get better sir.

You have a good eye !
:cool:

Yeah the endgame/meta for this game isn’t looking to hot currently.

Massive Ward abuse allowing 5-8-10k Ward which is up to 10x the eHP of a life build

Damage overtime scaling mainly based off how many hits your skill does. D3 got around this with ‘co efficiency’ meaning a fast hitting skill might have 0.2 of its ‘standard effect’ meaning a skill like Avalanche multi hit will only apply 20% of a poison stack otherwise you have multi hit skills dominating

Yeah, I think maybe hit coefficients might be a way to deal with poison being so effective with fast hitting skills. The only downside (given how flacid the other dots are at the moment) would be that it would gut any other dot/ailment. They’d have to buff the **** out of the other ailments (& they could all do with it in one way or another) to give them broad parity with poison, then you could nerf the application rate of various fast hitting skills (including pets). Potentially with the exception of specific skill nodes in order to give said skills some flavour.

no don’t get us nerfed! all you need is to split the damage to %4 and give the damage stacking modifier to bleed, and ignite, maybe void, and necrotic too.

But that would be a very boring way of balancing poison & the other ailments. I’d personally far rather some mechanically different effects for the ailments.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.