Performance/Optimization

Hey,

game feels great in terms of gameplay loop, skill tree depth, content and so on.

But in terms of performance it’s pretty bad at the moment.
I’m aware it’s beta - just want to emphazise that Last Epoch won’t be well received
if peeps with 2060 rtx drop down to 20 fps on Medium settings :sweat_smile:

I hope the engine offers alot of breathing room for optimization.

I’m personally running a 1660ti with low/medium settings, telling myself
“this game doesn’t look good enough to drop me below 25 frames”.

Besides that it’s been a nice experience running thru the story, conquering the Arena and whatnot. Getting a little bored by now, but will be there on release.

1 Like

I have a 1660 Super and have the same issues, try setting the game to 1080 resolution if you havent already it almost doubled my FPS.

1 Like

hi, same problem.
i7 9700k rtx 2060 16g ram samsung 970 evo pro, medium setting .shutter fps sometimes when too much on the screen.

1 Like

same problems here.

+1

“Hand of Fate” had similar problems at start, using a different version of the same engine. The performance gain after release more than doubled fps for me even in higher settings. It was a very nice, polished game in the end. So I’m confident there is enough room for improvement, but i really hope EHG doesn’t fall into the same trap as Defiant. You just don’t get a second first impression from gamers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.