Patch Preview: Beta 0.7.6

Is it possible to have an idol that is called Sarno and that looks like Sarno just in miniature? So if somebody asked me about my idol I could say “Sarno is my idol”. And this would not be weird because he really is my idol (an idol in my inventory). Would be kind of… cool? :roll_eyes:

Have a nice weekend everybody :yum::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

WHEN will pacth 0.7.6 be ready?

It says it will be released towards the beginning of march

Thanks

1 Like

That was a total troll. Probly be released next week but they havent said.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to have the start kinda like Chrono Trifgger when, after an introduction in the present, we’re stuck in a past and, trying to return to the present, we travel to a future and an older past, unlocking new goals on the way?
I’m definitely not saying to do like CT, but simply at the beggining focusing on one era, then another, then another, until all era are discovered then have the players travel more often between eras.
The quest with the imperial academy is great because we have to travel between eras to progress.
For a game with several eras and the possibility to travel freely between those, I believe the main point should be to have the players time travel. For now, this mechanic is not enough used.

Beggining should have less time travel and middle and end, when we can freely travel through time, should have more needs/possibilities for time travel.
For example, have a quest with several parts than can be done in any order, each in different eras. Or when traveling from A to C in the same eras have to switch eras to cross through B (with unlocking a waypoint, doing so for all eras at once, except if the waypoint doesn’t exist or is destroyed in an era, in order for a more maze-like three dimensional world map with time being the third dimension).

Not really sure why you have to be so rude about i? Was just giving my opinion. While yes maybe this isn’t the best place to say it, but I’ve already mentioned it on the developer discord(not the public one) and had no help there. It’s just a little frustrating when I’ve spent over $310 on a game that doesn’t have a basic feature. But I can see there’s no point in wasting my time on a message board if people are going to be rude to me.

Sorry for being rude. I find it annoying when people post about an issue they have on threads simply announcing new stuff. I still don’t understand your concern regarding the left mouse button not being used for both attacking and moving. What major issue do you have using the right mouse button for attacking besides having one less skill?
Honestly, Heavy put it best:

1 Like

Thank you for apologizing. It’s more of a memory thing than anything. I’ve been playing these types of games for over 20 years and the control scheme has always been that way. May seem stupid but It’s hard to shut off your brain and play a different way.

If these Idols are the Same as charms in d2…Then you guys are just amazing :heart_eyes:

Eternity caches? I see Chapter 8 mentioned but nothing on the caches

Very cool! All hail Last Epoch in 2020. Good start to the year. :}

1 Like

I took a good amount of time to write up the Primalist Pet Thread, so I hope some good skill changes some as a result of that. Right now, there’s not much build diversity that can be had, but I hope that changes once each skill gets more flavour and interconnection with other skills becomes more varied.

My beastmaster just made it to wave 285 today. I played it about 10 different ways. There is alot of build diversity.

I mean first you can mix and match pets. Or you can mix pets and totems. You can go pet melee damage or pet crit chamce or you can do poison damage. You can do melee skills woth your pets. Leap and pets. Frenzy and pets. You can put meastrom on your pets. Entangling roots has huge pet buffs theres alot to it

As a new player myself I appreciate the effort to streamline the beginning. So much so that I may wait till the patch, delete the chars I have now and remake them. I’ve only really got up to chapter 2? I think… I’m not totally sure where chapter 1 ends and 2 begins to be honest.

My only other real complaint about the game so far has been the sluggish movement speed and how rare anything that gives a decent boost to it has been (I think the highest modifier on boots I’ve seen so far is like 8%? and my highest character level is 40-ish I think… maybe in the 30s it’s been a bit since I played last) . Even with the mage teleport the maps are so big and the homing abilities some mobs and bosses have are so fast you just can’t avoid them. I’ve only really played the Sorcerer and the Acolyte so far, so… take that as you may. Oh… abilities that can use homing could use some love-- Fireball and the Acolyte spriit spell thingy (forgot the name >.>;)

1 Like

The way I see it, there’s either pet straight DPS (which is whichever is optimized between pet melee damage, pet crit, and Frenzy Totem for increased speed and Crit damage), or pet DoT (which would include Entangling Roots for the great pet bonuses). Leap is an escape tool to use with max DPS pets, but gives nothing that would require rethinking your pet skill nodes outside of max DPS. The Primalist itself doing Melee with pets is useless since you’re either speccing for all pet damage or doing a hybrid build which just makes both parts weaker and easier to get killed. Totems are another build entirely and have nothing in common with the Primalist pet thread I was referring to earlier.

All in all, you’re just seeking out the highest performing pets with the most optimized node layouts and seeking maximum damage while just giving the player enough survivability to run or leap away when enemies decide the attack the player. There’s no interplay with pet skills, no meaningful choices, no changes in how you equip your character or use other segments of the skill trees which may not spec for maximum damage, but are for maximum synergy with your other skills.

That is what my Primalist Pets thread was aimed at having the team ponder. Your examples are saying that 2 builds with slightly different sauces is equal to 10 builds. I want 10 builds with real differences between each one that won’t jerk up and down with each patch.

On that note, I’m excited to see what the Idols have to offer. I admit with my low FPS, I’m not much of a fan of grinding out Monolith after Monolith for little rewards and tons of crap loot with a miniscule chance to have an item that’s even worth gambling to see if it might come up with an upgrade. I do hope that some of the runes and glyphs coming down the road may make finding possible upgrades worth it, because now it’s just a time sink that I really can’t bother investing.

Just because your aiming for straight DPS output and limiting your self to a couple of builds to do thatdoesnt mean there are only 2 or even 3 viable builds and…

If your building towards straight DPS how does that make this different than any other class which also only has 1 or 2 builds with the highest dps. I mean theres always gunna be 1 build or another that slightly or greatly overpowers another.

Pet builds have just as many diverse builds as any other playable class atm.

2 Likes

Since you’re not going to bother actually reading the various threads I’ve made to improve Primalist diversity, I’ll spell it out for you here:

You can, in theory, do Leap with pets, but what does Leap really do? Move pets out of the way of danger while providing a minuscule damage boost? Do you think this is worth a slot can be used for a better buff like Frenzy Totem or a better survivability skill like Eterra’s Blessing / Healing Wind? Do you think it’s worth taking Wolves simply because they can Leap with you instead of taking a more sturdy pet like Bear? My suggestion for the skill: Use the Leap Tree for the nodes that add Lightning strikes when you land and when the Wolves use the Leap ability in their skill tree, have the Wolves’ Leap use the nodes from your Leap Skill. That way, your Wolves have the Lightning nodes + Leap ability while the player also has the Leap ability + can take a good number of Lightning nodes in the Shaman Tree to benefit both you and your pets. That gives Leap + pets a real playstyle that can’t be copied or obsoleted.

You can, in theory, do Melee with pets, but why would a Beastmaster- a class with no Ward, no benefits for Dodging, and can’t get the increased Protections from Totems the way a Shaman can- want to risk his life to get inside Melee range? Flanking Strike, located right at the top of the Beastmaster tree, doesn’t have a skill tree yet, so we have no idea what the vision is for this ability and whether the taunt + big Melee strike would be worth changing equipment to obtain increased player Melee damage instead of going the traditional route and giving every affix slot benefits to pets. You can take the Beastmaster node that adds 1 additional companion at the expense of having to do Melee attacks every few seconds, but which pet currently is worth taking that route instead of taking Frenzy Totem or another support skill? In the previous thread, I proposed giving Summon Bear the Earthquake skill; if you route the Earthquake tree so that it gives a guaranteed stun, you introduce giving yourself and your pets good ground control, which would be necessary since without a skill slot for a healing ability, you’re reduced to pet leech and potions. That makes Melee ability + pets a real playstyle that can’t be copied or obsoleted.

You can, in theory, take the passive nodes that require you to only take one companion, but in my experience actually testing this build idea, without the additional defenses a Sentinel has or increased Leech + Ward and Ward retention a Lich has, Beastmasters are far too fragile to compete on the same level as the other classes. The passive nodes you get for only having one companion are pathetic and require too much investment in the Druid tree where you could be taking higher level Beastmaster passives instead to be worth it. Can you name a single pet that does better on its own than with 2-3 other pets to assist in its damage? I have already proposed ideas for the Summon Raptor skill to improve the nodes where it does more damage and have more AoE capability the more enemies it kills; this sort of proposal creates incentives to use Raptor as a solo pet, because these nodes would be ineffective if the Raptor were competing with three other pets for kills.

Even if we just stick with the pets themselves, there is potential for a good variety of builds, if you give the players incentive to go off the gold path of most flat damage, most crit, most speed, most leech. Sabertooth already has nodes that give it huge amounts of increased damage in return for increased damage taken. Why not branch off this path and revamp the Sabertooth skill tree so that you can make a glass cannon that does huge single-target and AoE damage, but will die constantly against even mid-level enemies unless you equip with “increased minion health” affixes and use your other 4 abilities for healing abilities like Eterra’s Blessing and Healing Wind (which desperately needs skill trees). Frenzy Totem has a node that allows you to cast Eterra’s Blessing on an ally; problem is you can’t use it to cast it on one of your companions. The skill simply doesn’t work. I’ve already mentioned in a previous thread ideas on making Wolves swarm companions and making skill nodes + Unique equipment that incentivizes player to use a team of 4 Wolves and no other companions. It’s slightly limited by the lack of originality and build-defining passives on the passive tree, but I’ve been advocating for new ideas and posting my thoughts which would provide different builds. It’s 9 months before release - this is the time to test out what works and what doesn’t and to get your ideas out there so the game can be polished for the day when those outside of beta testing play it for the first time.

That’s what the other classes have that Primalists don’t: skills that can use other skills and benefit from their skill trees. The three earliest pet skills - Wolves, Sabertooth, and Bear - were created before the devs had the opportunity to weave skills together like this and thus desperately need a re-vamp so they could match the Raptor in versatility. Summon Scorpion’s node trees suffer from bad pathing and weird node choices (why would you want it to have Ice Thorns when Bear does retaliation so much better? Why do you give it Lightning damage when Wolves completely outclass it in that area?) and the pet struggles to come out of the other pets’ shadows and give someone an incentive to actually use it. The fact that Primalist survivability lags far behind that of the other 3 base classes just adds to the pain.

This is the problem behind the fanboyism and yes-man thinking: people mistake “RNG tedium” for “difficulty” and playing “nearly the exact same build with slightly different set-ups” for “diversity.” Then the equipment and passives get designed around these false choices, and when someone with a real original idea comes up, it comes far too late when the ability to support these ideas has come and gone. There’s a lot of polish that needs to be done before the game can reasonably compete with the other ARPG standards, but there’s enough wellspring for originality that I’m optimistic many good ideas will get introduced to the game. Let’s see what the next patch brings first and foremost.

In theory you can use leap?? - Leap is the most used and popular choice skill on primalist (data for this is posted in discord)

Leap only gives a minuscule damage boost?? - sure a 105% global damage that affects yea sure miniscule

So your saying since your wolves dont cast lightning while they leap it makes them useless and you should chose a bear for its survivability instead?

You can, In Fact, do melee with pets and survive, maybe try playing a playstyle outside the box, throw down roots to heal your self while your getting a few melee hits in, and then another roots while your pets clean up the mess. Sure primalist doesnt get the eard or protections benefits that other classes do, and dodge is a crappy mechanic, but primalist gets HUGE healing benefits. Use these :slight_smile:

Im not even going to point out all the other IN THEORY problems.
There are diverse builds. You can play differently. Just play :slight_smile:

wait i read one more i have to answer.

Yes the bear with its retaliotry poison thorns and incredible defense is an amazing solo companion to run while your in Druid Werebear, Avalanche Shaman or even a healing totem casting melee Beastmaster.

Also I am sorry for coming off as an asshole. I just want to open eyes.