Update: Annndddd we’re live! Check out the full patch notes here.
Patch 0.7.1 will be the largest patch deployed since Last Epoch entered beta!
The patch introduces a few new items, tackles some balance issues, and has improvements to the user interface. Patch 0.7.1 is currently in QA and should be released next week.
- The fog of war on minimaps will no longer reset when your character leaves a zone.
- Fog of war will not be saved inside the Monolith of Fate. This is primarily due to the fact that the Monolith of Fate will use procedural generation in future.
- The Monolith of Fate will now save and load your progress.
- Aura of Decay is receiving a skill specialization tree.
- Smite is receiving a skill specialization tree.
- The UI for item tooltips will be replaced by a new design. (Preview)
- Your permanent minions will have icons on the minimap.
- Dropped unique items and set items will be shown on the minimap. (Preview)
- The Ruins of Welryn will have a new side quest.
- The Shattered Valley and Welryn Outskirts will be shortened in response to feedback.
- A new belt base type and four new amulet base types will be added.
- Three new unique items will be implemented.
- We will be improving The Fang in this patch. One of the new unique items is designed to be a less powerful version of The Fang with a lower level requirement.
- The other new uniques will not be related to existing items (or each other).
- Items you pick up will be highlighted in your inventory until they are moused-over.
- Holding down Ctrl and Alt will reveal the tier of each affix and the range of that tier.
- Sources of leech will be approximately half as powerful as before.
- This applies to both item affixes and class passives.
- Additionally, overkill damage will no longer contribute to leech.
- Ward’s base decay rate is being doubled from 20% of current ward per second to 40% of current ward per second.
- The base rate of Health Regeneration will now scale slightly better with character level.
- Multiple performance improvements, most notably for Poison and Ignite.
After This Patch
We have completed most of the work for visual indicators of buffs & debuffs. Our art team have the Immortal Emperor in an early design phase. We have additional 3d models for equipment in development - including a new armour set for the Primalist.
We’re making good progress on the visual indicators for buffs & debuffs. This system won’t be included in Patch 0.7.1, but you can expect us to be showing off a preview fairly soon.
Something else we are currently working on is beginning the process of having voice acting recorded for the game. The first VA has been recorded, and we’re in the process of looking at voice actors for additional characters. Please note this will take a long time.