Patch 0.7.8 Removes 70% of the Game

Awesome! So, since it seem’s like we are on the brink of Phase 3, does this mean Tooltip DPS is coming? A proper one that is… :stuck_out_tongue: And who do I pay to get dual wield released before the rogue class?

In general it sound’s awesome, however stuff like this fills part of my paranoia:

I really hope and i absolutely mean it, that stuff like this doesn’t suggest your decision of scrapping the Offline-Mode. For me it’s one of the most important Feature and missing it would be a hugely dealbreaker which would go as far that i’d stop playing LE and not consider support you guys further. There is a lot of stuff which i can accept and deal with, especially Early Access Games are Work in Progress and Subject to Change… but such a Vital Functionality like the Option to play offline, so we aren’t bound to your Servers (like Internet-Issues, Server Maintance, or worst case scenario shutting your servers down etc) and can enjoy the game even in 10-20 years with our old saves and stuff is really something which you shouldn’t mess with IMHO.

I’m not try to panic here and i don’t try to insuate something, so far you’ve done an amazing job and didn’t give any reason to distrust you on this regard, but still, if it comes down to such stuff i’ve made many bad experiences the past years and that’s why i’m still a bit cautious.

There is no correlation between game features and our launcher’s update procedure.

1 Like

Firstly when reading title i said “wtf they stop?” :confused: but after reading my heart keep beating ^^
Ok cool to keep game healty

Great news !

now that your removing 70% of the game. can expect its the 70% of the game i suck at so i can be a god gamer now XD! but seriously keep up the great work!

WOW! Really amazing and long-awating news!

That is great. TY all at Eleventh Hour Games for doing such a great job, I am so happy I backed this game. :grinning:

Looks like your having a good clean up of game files.

70% wow that’s a lot :smiley:

Please fix the “immortal eye” mob type missile barrage optimisation, it completely bircks my game, also why does the login menu use 99% of the GPU and puts a huge overall strand on the computer?

I’m curious. How exactly do you reduce the game size by 70 %? By removing unused content, by compressing assets, by removing duplicate content? Tell me unless it’s secret.

They have confirmed everything you currently have is being used so that rules out unused content. I assume they just optimizing the way stuff is stored. Little defrag if you will

I would think a lot of optimisation. To get 50GB to 15GB (that includes the new content) there’s going to be some file compression happening to…okay a lot!

Should make the game run a lot better :smiley:

Thanks for the Info, i’m still a bit cautious about my expectations to the “Offline-Mode” though…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.