Patch 0.7.8 Brings Footsteps to Last Epoch

A commonly requested feature, footsteps are being added in Patch 0.7.8.

As your character traverses Eterra, you’ll hear the sound of his or her boots making contact with the ground. The sound will vary depending on where you are; you may hear the sound of someone walking on solid rock, splashing through the water, or something else!

Here’s a video showcasing some of the sound effects;

29 Likes

Finally the technology is here! :smiley:

3 Likes

Very Nice =-O

I’ve never enjoyed myself so much listening to footsteps

1 Like

Ironic that this is being implemented as I was just thinking to myself when playing recently “what is it that’s missing?, can’t put my finger on it. hrmm…there’s no sound when walking!” Not joking, it’s an immersion aspect that every game has that was missing.

2 Likes

now the game feel alive xd

1 Like

In the end it’s the little things, the details, that in sum create the game experience. This detail may look so trivial, but it is so impactful in creating immersion. Just like the ambience sounds added a few patches ago and the little creatures that were introduced recently.

1 Like

Now thaaaat brings even more life to a gameplay. Such a little but so much wanted thing! Thank you! :hugs:

Just hope they don’t sound, like they weigh 5 tons as they run :smiley:

Wow!! So realistic Full HD 16k envolving sound!! Love it! (Not ironic mode xDDD)

:slight_smile:

Well done!.
This made me remember this scene:

(Turn sound on)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.