This time im coming after the new (and improved) passive trees. I do like where it going, but I do have some constructive feedback.
My problems with it were:
- It wasnt very clear how many points away from a new passive tier i was.
- Passive trees were very busy with lots of small icons and text
- The base class tree was indistinguishable from the specialization trees. They all have tabs and dont feel very clear that they are different specalisations, or that the base class isnt a specialisation.
- The background color moving up the screen felt overwhelming
- Skills acquired from putting points in look exactly the same as passives
- With such a huge amount of passives, its felt crammed into the half a screen it has
- Alot of the specialisation trees are four ‘lanes’ wide, but only contain three passives or less per tier
- There wasnt much ‘flavor’ to each passive tree. It was just. “Here is a tree”, “Here is another tree with slightly different symbols”.
- I prefer top down leveling. Call me a D2 fanboi.
SO! I re-imagined them in photoshop. Not pretty, but you get the gist:
- Unified passive window. Now 3 subwindows that open (as a second window) for specalisations.
- Passive window titled Primalist to clarify base class
- Selected spec. tab highlighed within window, others greyed out if not selected.
- Passive Icons made 25% larger
- Skill Icons made 50% larger
- Ruler substeps added to clarify distance
- Background color advance made 30% opacity.
- Skills placed into separate flavored bar with looks unique to class and subclass
- Skills smaller and greyed out until obtained