My Account
× My Account Media Forum Supporter Packs

Passive Node Ideas - Primalist

beastmaster
druid
shaman

I agree with everything you said, but especially the quoted part. I think the vast majority of People that like shapeshifting prefer permanent shapeshifting instead of temporary shapeshifting.

As to your Passive overhaul: I’m sure Devs would read that with big interest, and I would as well. I also plan to do this for primalist when I have more time (or possibly a Build-Tool-Website Comes up to make it easier to check the nodes without alt-tabbing all the time), as especially the caster side of druids and shamans Need some reimagining IMHO. Would be interesting to see where we would have similar ideas and where we would differ :slight_smile:

Living Totem: Top Tier Shaman node 1-5-10 points of investment depending on what the Devs find appropriate for what this does.

In short it would turn the Shaman into a living totem. So any totem you activate instead of being put on the ground you would be the totem. Anything the totem does would come from you now. You still have to have the totem on your bars and you have to invest into it skill tree for it to be good still. Any nodes in its skill tree that added to life would increase duration. If totem stay as the aggro sticks they are now (i hope not) then you get all the aggro as well.

Nodes that give bonuses similar to the “only on companion” nodes for playing WITHOUT companions. Primalist is more fun then any other class but to be “forced” to use pets for a minmaxed build is a downer.

I made a thread about nodes for a “Lone Wolf” type play style a few threads below us here. So I would agree with you in this one!

I know and I opened up a suggestion thread on the topic. It would simply be an option because the combat skills of the Primalist are fun and at least one subclass playable petless would be fun.

Which nodes specifically are you referring to? Druid has multiple “On Crit” nodes that require a good number of nodes to fully max out - do you feel that there are multiple areas where you have to “waste” passive points because the remaining nodes that aren’t companion related are too lackluster to use?

If there are particular damage types that you feel are too weak without companions, let me know and I’ll see if there are any interesting ways to incorporate new node ideas. For Primalist, I generally see Physical / Bleeding for Beastmaster, Lightning for Shaman (Cold is too unsupported at the moment), and Physical / Bleeding / Poison for Druid.

The Companion nodes are good and the druid tree is a pretty good example how stuff should be done because it’s pretty versatile. I only dislike the lack of an option to play petless out of personal taste. I like the primalist class most and have not much fun with other classes because they feel boring to me but I realy don’t like pet classes. I hoped there was a way to get rid of pets all togheter but the “with only one companion” nodes are to spicey to leave them out if you want to create a minmaxed build. I’m in the mid 50 levels and I loose a lot of dmg I can’t get otherwise without a companion.

It’s only a “My taste” thing and the Class is playable and fine as it is but I simply wish for some passive nodes that compensate for a no pet build.

The “only one companion” nodes are beefy by design because it’s an odd middle ground between going full pets and going full petless. Companions are fairly squishy if you don’t invest in them and they will die quickly if you don’t provide appropriate protections for them. As someone who’s dabbled in hybrid pet/player builds in other RPGs, if you try and take those nodes and don’t bother with pet bonuses, the build just ends up being a mess, no matter how minmaxed your other stats are.

You’re not missing out on much in the end because whatever beefy bonuses you get in the nodes are cancelled out by having to invest in pet stats to ensure your companion isn’t dead weight. All the Primalist sub-classes can use some beefy nodes that aren’t reliant on pets, and I’m trying a write-up of different ideas that keep the flavor of the classes (essentially high-level passive nodes that grant skills like Druid’s Tremor, except actually good). The top ranked passive nodes for Beastmaster, Druid, and Shaman are all lacking in a significant way, and I’d love to hear more ideas about how to make good 45-50 mastery nodes that are worth the 50-60 levels it takes for someone to get to it.

As long as the pet buffs are still there while your pet is down but rezzable pet survivability is a non issue because who cares? Right now I’m pretty happy with the Druid tree to be honest. The only thing that makes me shake my head is the Tremor branch… that’s a bit poor in my eyes and for every class… the high end nodes you can skill 15-20 times to get + stat X hurts my brain. On one side I want to have those on the other side it feels wrong to invest such a mass of points for it. I still need to play far more with the druid to paint a whole picture.

If the Bear and spriggan shift will be fledged out I think I will take a deep dive but untill then my main priority is still the same a possibility to play petless even if the emphasis of the class are pet companions ^^.

closed #30

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.