Passive Node Ideas - Acolyte

Hey there, everyone! We have community members constantly pitching ideas for passive nodes scattered around our social channels and as we dive into some updates to the passive trees we’d like to invite you to place your ideas in one centralized location - here! You may just see your idea or an iteration of it show up in-game.

Let us know if your node idea is for the base class or a mastery class.

2 Likes

A passive that summons a new Skeleton every X seconds (up to your Skeleton limit)

EDIT: My bad, i was thinking about Skill Augments in the skill tree.
I have not played enough to unlock the passives for Necromancer, so maybe it already exists?

1 Like

Would still be a fun endgame passive to have, though :smiley:

Warlock:
Deal x% more damage, on enemies with only 1 curse active.
Deal x% more damage on enemies with more than x curses active.
Cursed enemies explode on death.
x% chance to spread a curse on kill.
x% chance for a curse to stack x amount of times.
Lich:
x% more damage at low health.
x% chance to survive a fatal hit.
x% more health regeneration, if x corpses are nearby.

2 Likes

Posession - You posess an enemy and link you spells to him, so the startpoint of all you’r casts is the posessed enemy.
Merge Undead - Transformer skelettons ftw! You merge X skeletons into an uber SKELETON. it get’s enhanced stats and if you can spawn more minions you can transform them into more uber SKELETONS.
Shade - immunity frame for X (0.08 sec or something) after you cast a spell.

1 Like

What i always like is, if skills change your gameplay, or make you think about things while you play and not just in terms of your Setup/Build/Loadout.

For example a gain a stackable buff which increases the Attackspeed and the Dmg done but also the Dmg taken.

You can use a Skill which consumes the Stacks and does a big chunk of dmg.
Could be a new or an existing one.
So you always have to balance between Survival and Dmg.
Depending on the Scaling the balancing has to account for DoT Playstyles so it doesnt go completly out of controll.

For example:

Max stack: 10
1% Attackspeed/stack
0,5% Dmg. done/stack

2% Dmg. taken/stack

10% Attackspeed
5% Dmg done

20% Dmg. taken

From what i see there are maybe two different ways to look at this.

1. The Stacks are capped and the growth pattern are linear.
  2. The Stacks are not capped and the growth patterns are exponential.

The first one is easier to balance while the second one would be, in my opinion, more fun and the players would have a higher skill cap to reach.

so long :slight_smile:

1 Like

Warlock ideas:

• X seconds delay in heal when using a potion, Y% increased potency per point.
  • Prevents all healing for X seconds per point. Gain 0.5% added spell damage for Y seconds per point of health that would have been gained.
  • Consuming a potion no longer heals you, instead it deals damage in an area around you. X meters added range per point.
2 Likes

Bouncing of the idea from @GeoGalvanic and what came to my mind when looking at my Lich was:

When a shield is equipped:

• 100% reduced health regen when no dmg. taken in the last x seconds.
  • 50% of the lost regen is applied to mana instead.
  • After dmg. is taken the regen doenst kick in until 2 sec. after that

Even though it may be a balancing thing, but what i encountert was that i sometimes stand without mana and full life and have to wait and run around.

Of course it should be easily fixable via balancing but the situations could also be used to play “around with it” :slight_smile:

so long

I don’t actually have the game yet so if I suggest something that is already in the game I apologize. Also not really sure what you guys on the dev team are looking to do with the passives. From the ones I can see they seem to affect numbers more than actual gameplay which in my opinion makes them feel kinda boring (not to be mean I feel bad typing this because I love you guys and what you’re doing).

Necromancer Passives I would like to see (or if they spark a cool idea that’d be cool too) -

1. Unholy Ground - When a minion dies it poisons the ground around it (radius of poisoned ground could be tied to max health of minion to make it more impactful when stronger minions die). Damage scaling on a per point basis maybe?

It would have pretty good synergy with the sacrifice skill setting the stage for some kind of minion death build.

1. Fanatical Rebirth - x% chance per point to bring the enemies you kill back to life upon death to fight for you for x seconds. (I just love the idea of having an enormous undead army >.<) capped at however many summons it needs to be for balance sake. (Just saw the Putrid Retribution passive not sure if this one is too similar to that one but they are a bit different so I figured I’d leave it here)

2. Blood for Bone - Permanently sacrifice x% of your own max hp per point to increase your maximum skeleton summons by x.

Lich -

1. Lich - Your soul is stored in an ancient phylactery preventing you from dying even when all health is lost. If health is below x% for too long your phylactery becomes exposed and if it is hit death is instant. (This one could be similar to the “Necromancy” passive in that taking it would prevent taking any of the other 2 mastery class passives)

Can’t think of any more right now so if/when I do I’ll come back and post em

Edit: After playing for a bit I realized some of these already exist in some form via the skill specializations

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Ideas for generic Acolyte buffs and passive nodes

I feel like there should be ways of gaining more generic buffs; such as Haste and Frenzy, instead of so many unique ones on so many different skills and passive trees. There should be multiple ways of gaining the buffs and they should also be easily recognisable at a glance. I also like the idea of having buffs scale with level as to make them more viable late game. The numbers are kept low, since these buffs shouldn’t make your character too powerful early game.

These ideas are just to get discussions rolling, so please add your own generic buff ideas that can be obtained in different ways and augmented further.

I will start these discussions for each base class with 3 buff suggestions. Don’t hold yourself back with crazy ideas!

Lingering Souls

Effect
Lingering Souls surround you for 4 seconds and give you 5% Mana regen. You can have a maximum of 5 Lingering Souls at a time.

How to obtain

• Passive node in the bottom half of the Necromancer tree. You have a 50% chance to gain a Lingering Soul each time one of your minions kill an enemy.
  • Skill node in the Harvest tree. Left crit path. You have a 25% chance to gain a Lingering Soul when you critically hit an enemy with Harvest.
  • Skill node in the Soul Feast tree. path. You have a 25% chance to gain a Lingering Soul when you hit an enemy with Soul Feast.

Augments

• 0/5 - Passive node in the bottom half of the Lich tree. Increases the duration by 20% per point.
  • 0/5 - Passive node in the top half of the Necromancer tree. Each Lingering Soul give an additional 5% Mana regen.
  • 0/1 - Passive node in the top half of the Necromancer tree. You can have an additional 5 Lingering Souls at a time.
  • 0/1 - Passive node in the top half of the Lich tree. Nearby enemies take 5 Necrotic damage per Lingering Soul you have.

Ghost Walk

Effect
10% increased Movement speed and the ability to ignore unit collision for 4 seconds. Cannot stack.

How to obtain

• Skill node in the Hungering Souls tree. Right path. Gain Ghost Walk when you kill an enemy affected by a Hungering Soul.
  • Passive node in the lower half of the Lich tree. Gain Ghost Walk when you take a critical hit.

Augments

• 0/5 - Passive node in the bottom half of the Lich tree. You have 10% increased attack and cast speed per point while Ghost Walk is active.
  • 0/5 - Passive node in the bottom half of the Necromancer tree. You have 20% increased ward retention per point while Ghost Walk is active.
  • 0/1 - Passive node in the top half of the Lich tree. You have 20% increased movement speed while Ghost Walk is active.
  • 0/1 - Passive node in the bottom half of the Necromancer tree. Nearby minions have 20% increased attack and cast speed while Ghost Walk is active.

Necrotic Presence

Effect
1% increased Necrotic damage per character level for 4 seconds. Cannot stack.

How to obtain

• Passive node in the lower half of the Necromancer tree. You have a 50% chance to gain Necrotic Presence when one of your minions kill an enemy.
  • Passive node in the lower half of the Lich tree. You have a 25% chance to gain Necrotic Presence when you critically strike an enemy.
  • Skill node in the Aura of Decay tree. Right path. You have a 25% chance to gain Necrotic when you kill an enemy while Aura of Decay is active.

Augments

• 0/5 - Passive node in the bottom half of the Necromancer tree. Nearby minions deal 5% more global damage per point while Necrotic Presence is active.
  • 0/1 - Passive node in the bottom half of the Lich tree. Gain 1% increased Poison damage per character level while Necrotic Presence is active.
  • 0/1 - Passive node in the top half of the Lich tree. Nearby enemies take 20% increased damage while Necrotic Presence is active.

Its not too crazy but a passive giving 5%-10% minion movement speed per point would feel extremely nice for the necromancer since there is no active skill we can use to force them to our current location. This could be sprinkled into a node that gives attack speed as well since it would fit flavorfully and make sense. .

Minion movement speed is a valuable quality of life stat that would be very nice if it were available on the necromancer tree.

So my suggestion, would be to add minion Movespeed to one or 2 of the later Passives in the Necromancer tree (post Mastery) to give this quality of life stat some room to be utilized.

1 Like

Another idea would be to take minions when they get low and cause them to detonate at maybe 20% hp for a percentage of their maximum HP as damage or have it be a flat number (scale-able by minion HP or Minion damage stats) in a small/medium sized around them. As a downside, this could come with a penalty to Minion HP or turn off minion regen.

Could create interesting build ideas around the spectres and design space for uniques items to cause degen to your minions to kill them faster or adjust how these detonations work.

1 Like

That would be interesting, as it could kind of mitigate the minions’ weakness to damage over time effect or strong aoe hits. Those are a big downside to minion builds in higher arena/monolith levels.

I have always been a fan of having 1 - 2 strong minions as opposed to the menagerie of 20 little dudes following me around. The Necromancer already has the Dread Phalanx node for Summon Skeletons and the Archmage node for Skeleton Mages that can be the basis for what I have in mind.

Right now the more you progress in the Talent Tree the weaker the Archmage option gets because of the static scaling it offers, while Dread Phalanx is a net damage loss at all times.

I would really like to see these two nodes offer dynamic scaling of damage/health/other stats based on the maximum number of the type of minion you can summon. It would also be great if the big boy minions could learn new spells - an ultimate attack for the Archmage for example that unlocks after you get the passives and talents that let you summon 5 mages at a time.

Now, I realize that customizing the appearance of these Champion minions would be a bit much to ask for, but it would be nice for them to get a new appearance that is not just the base model scaled up a bit.

5 Likes

A nice thing would be a passive that allows to scale wards based of health sacrificed. Similar to the unique armor Exsanguinous. Instead of being Ward generated per second. It would be “Life spent is gained as ward” Could be a 0/5 point with 10%
I’m not sure how powerful and/or doable it would be.

P.S.: I might have missed it in the tree somewhere, but last time I checked, I didn’t see anything like that

1 Like

Hi, I would like to suggest a new skill/maybe node that completely changes rip blood. I was thinking about a new skill/maybe node called (raining blood yes like slayer’s song) visually something like a meteor shower falling from the sky, does a bit of damage and slows mobs. Could be a totally new skill or just a node that gives the % chance effect to rain blood. Thanks guys

Omnipotence (0/1) - Node passive.
Each wards point increases your elemental resistance by 1%.

Absolute Order (0/1) - Node in Summon Skeleton skill.
Summoning a skeleton beyond the limit casts a sacrifice on the first skeleton created instead of recalling it.

The Ruler’s Frenzy (0/4) - Passive in Necromancer
When your minion dies you gain 3 seconds boost but damage taken is increased by 20%.
+5% to attack speed (max 20%)
+5% spell casting speed (max 20%)
+5% movement speed (max 20%)
Damage taken 20% to character (max 20%)

Unparalleled Vigor - Passive in Necromancer
Converts 50% from incressed minions health bonus into physical damage bonus dealt by your minions. But removes all elemental damage bonuses.