Paladin mastery passive, how does it work?

Hi guys, can someone explain to me how does this passive work:

As far I understood the passive gives 100% physical and fire damage increase, however, I don’t see that in character menu. Also my DPS does not change when my HP bar move arround.

It isn’t shown. There is a reason for it but don’t ask me what it was but I’m pretty sure someone will spread some light on the matter. I tested this with the armor that transfers HP into ward and your dmg deceases the lower your health is.

So the damage bonus is not shown on the character menu but it still apply when you use an ability?

Yes, I did some testing with Smite’s fissure (since it does a flat amount of damage with no apparent variance) & it did 49 damage per tick while on low life due to Exsanguinous & 67 per tick while on full life which is broadly in line with the increased fire damage due to life % (in addition to all the other spell & fire damage modifiers I had). The caluclated damage (taking the damage figure & use the % increased damage modifiers to calculate the “other” figure) was 48.2 on low life & 68.1 on full life

So its not exactly 100% fire damage increase?
I guess same rule apply to physical damage?

One of our developers confirmed this is working on our discord server:

Trasochi: It works, but the numbers aren’t reflected in the character sheet for performance reasons (the actual amount is only calculated when you use an ability rather than every frame or whenever your health changes).

Krumkai: are you sure it’s working? I didn’t see much different in dps with 100% hp and 30% hp

Trasochi: It’s additive with other increases. For example if you have 500% increased damage from other sources, it’ll just be going from 530% to 600%, so you’d only be dealing around 11% more damage at full health than you would at 30% health.

Yeah, that’s what I saw in my tests & the calculated numbers were broadly correct.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.