Oracle's aid alric portal broke

I tried to enter an Alric’s portal during the oracles aid quest and the portal disappears before i can enter. I think its the southern most portal. I’ve tried reload the area and the portal reappears but when I get close to it the portal and Alric disappear again before i can do anything. Restarting the game doesn’t fix the issue and I can’t complete the quest.

None of the portals Alric creates are necessary for completing the quest. In fact, I believe you can’t enter any of the portals he makes in Maj’elka, only one in the Sapphire Quarter works.

If you’re still having trouble could you post a screenshot of your quest journal (opened using J)? I realize it’s been a while since you posted this, my apologies.

The print screen button on my keyboard doesn’t seem to work and I don’t see a screenshot hot key in game. Can’t give you a screenshot. What it would show is the Emerald Sigil is checked off and shown twice on the quest log. I stopped at this point and didn’t bother with the others. I guess I got confused and thought I had to go into the portal and physically help Alric destroy the sigils.

If you’re on Steam, F12 will save a screenshot. Or if you press the Windows key, shift key and S at the same time it’ll bring up Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch which will allow you to take a screenshot.

If you load that character again, the Quest Journal (J) and World Map (M) should show what you need to do to complete the quest-- if you’re unable to complete the quest just provide a screenshot and your log file and we’ll look into it.

Thanks!

quest_journal.zip (284.5 KB)

This is a screenshot of my quest journal. I’ll attempt the quest again tomorrow. Thanks for the Snipping Tool shortcut for in game. It’s quite helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.