Opportunities to contribute

Hi, I haven’t found anything on the site that answers my question, so am asking it here:
Does the dev team consider people contributing to the development of the game, in ways other than being a staff member or suggesting things on the forums (that is something in between)? I’m specifically interested in game design and art departments. Not looking for a job (I’ve been a game designer and an art director, but have a different day job already) just wandering if you’ve thought about such unorthodox solutions to progres the (development) of your game?
I realize this might be challenging but I think it might be beneficial in more than one way for the game (strong involvement of dedicated community members and increase of creative potential are two examples).
Also interested in the thoughts of the community here (which seems to be willing to positively contribute, as is often the case with pre-release products stages).

I’d be curious to know how much management that kind of thing would involve as well as the requirement for a legal agreement/contract to cover who owns the content/etc that the third party creates & it’s licensing.

Yes, of course this would be important, if it would be a kind of ‘sub-licencing’ thing. What I had in mind was more of a ‘pro-bono’ activity, with your pay off being a better game that you also helped shape, instead of any monetary rewards. But that doesn’t mean that other forms of involving community members that are more hybrid thatn that, aren’t a good idea. There is always time and effort investment on the part of the developers put into communication and interaction with the player base, like these forums anyway, and it’s done because it’s rewarding to both parties.

I think it is more trouble than it is worth to be honest. Though I understand OP comes with good intention.

POE has something similar with Alpha players and the wider community already have issues with the selection of such Alpha players as well as whether they may have insider info that would provide unfair advantages.

Even if OP is thinking about collaboration that is non-gameplay related, figuring out how to collaborate with a community pool with wide and diverse skillset and how to manage the release of content/assets under development… Honestly, just not worth it from a dev pov.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.