This is my fourth Last Epoch build and the most levelled character to date as well. 86+ and still going. A resemblance of a Hammerdin from Diablo 2 and 3. Strong and effective!
There are plenty of “Hammerdin” builds out there and there will be billions more as time goes by.
After certain amount of testing i came up with an unorthodox way to play it, by using the unpopular Avatar of the Spire node, throwing 9 hammers at a time in a nova. It is much faster for clearing all content, yet also comes with some cons as well. Everything is in the VIDEO, so check it out!
Finished at 140+ waves for now and died to a classic one-shot explosion. I just don’t like Arena and honestly ain’t gonna push unless some checkpoint system is introduced. Monoliths are endless at this point.
This build utilizes Hammer Throw skill as a main damage dealer as well as multiple buffs and debffs.
What are the pros of using Avatar of the Spire?
- 9 hammers thrown in a nova per attack. Reliably hits almost everything on screen
- much faster for clearing all trash monsters and not-so-tanky rares, because projectiles reach monsters faster and deal damage / per attack faster
- Urzil’s Pride is required if you want to invest into full dps mode with both Orbit+Spiral and Enra’s Technique. Hard to maintain mana and to mindlessly spam skill, especially Holy Aura
- Less boss damage, because your hammers hit less often at close range, compared to spiraling ones
- leech rate against bosses is also much lower. With Nova you hit once per attack, with Spiral your hammers can hit multiple times per “rotation”.