No area display after I open game

Just looked at my Player.log and it has a TON of “warning” and “could not load” messages…
Player.log (78.2 KB)

Thanks, we believe that the issue has been identified, but we haven’t determined the exact fix. This appears to only be an issue on MacOS related to compression changes we made in 0.7.3, potentially Macs specifically with AMD graphics.

If you’re able to force your computer to use the integrated Intel graphics rather than the AMD ones that would help us confirm that-- internally one of our team members was able to run the game without issue on their Macbook (with Intel graphics).

Okies. I’ll try to find out about swapping to Intel only graphics. Thanks for the assist!!!

Looked into it and I’m not comfortable with trying any of the solutions I’ve found. I’m willing to try almost anything, especially if it will assist the LE/Mac community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve been looking into switching discrete> cpu graphics and can’t figure it out. Sorry I couldn’t help.

@dharma it looks like you got past the login screen and character select. When you were on the character select screen could you see the characters?

Yes. I could also see the splash screen before actually getting into gameplay areas.

Any good news?

I have been unable to get into the game since the 0.7.3 patch. No graphics after beginning and character creation except UI, chat and mini-map. I’m missing my gameplay! :slight_smile: Is this a general MacOS build problem or just me? I know you’re working on many things and apologize for my over eagerness to get back in the game.

We think it’s a problem for all Mac systems with AMD graphics but aren’t certain. We have a potential fix that we plan to implement next week. Sorry about the delay!

Thanks for the good news! I can’t wait to get back in the action!!! Apologies for being a squeaky wheel…

Just as an aside, how many MacOS users are there?

Heyo!

Just wanted to drop in and say that we have since ruled it out being an issue affecting all Macs with AMD video cards - a Mac with a Radeon Pro 555 was unaffected when we sought to reproduce the issue. As noted by my colleague above, we do believe we have identified the cause, and will be implementing a solution for it as soon as possible.

I apologize, but we will not be publicly disclosing such information.

Just dropped by to check in. Not very bright for me in 0.7.3c. I can’t wait to get into 0.7.3d!

I need some EHG love. Still have no visuals and I’m missing the game. No in game play since patch 0.7.3. Excuse the pestering posts as I did just post 10 days ago. :cry:

Have the same problem. Actually yesterday in first load everything work (laggy but still)
However today I was able to see only my UI :frowning:

I can play 0.7.4 but don’t have stash or characters… Any way to relink from my files?

Please try setting your master quality to Medium. We haven’t diagnosed the exact problem but this seems to avoid it.

For visibility, this was addressed in 0.7.4 ate my stash and Characters! - #2 by Sarno. This is a MacOS issue.

Just wanted to drop in and say that we have since ruled it out being an issue affecting all Macs with AMD video cards - a Mac with a Radeon Pro 555 was unaffected when we sought to reproduce the issue. As noted by my colleague above, we do believe we have identified the cause, and will be implementing a solution for it as soon as possible.

Hi I’m using the following grafics:

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

And experience the same problem as described by @dharma

So not all Radeon Pro 555 is unaffected

EDIT:
Changing to medium graphics instead of low, solved the issue for me.

I don’t know if this is the correct plays to write this,

but I played around with some settings, since I experiences some lag at medium settings all over. Not always but at some of the larger regions, I found that the Area Display vanished if I lowered some settings individually.

But for performance I could lower the shade setting and the resolution to get a responsive game without loosing the Display Area.

I guess this is some thing one have to live with taking a chance playing at a MacBook slightly under the graphical minimum requirements.

But for you wondering I say It is fully playable using:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
Processor 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.