New t6-7 affixes feedback

They did not lower the T5 values of all affixes, just some of the very strong one as far as i am aware, But T5 affixes are generally even more common now on direct loot drops. I can already tell you that i got ALOT more T5 direct drops, even 2x T5 drops.

Yes, i think the things that have some sort of soft or hardcap are impacted the most. But i think that is a good thing.

Gives you something really to chase after.

Yes, I enjoy the chase.

All the new t1 to t7 values can be found in Dammitt’s Excellent Database Item DB

Maybe it would be interesting making exalted drops based on 1 additional affix, instead of a 6/7 tier?

I don’t know, could it make drops useful even having 1 or 2 affixes not good for your build, but being chase items if good?
Could it help with gearing progression?

I really don’t like this idea. Especially with fewr affixes each affix matters more. I really like that.

Except some affixes which are very common between various different builds on some items there are more possible good affixes that the item has space. So each item is more unique and different.

In my example i did point out how only 1 “bad” or counter-synergistic affix can already “ruin” the item, more than compared to other games.
But i didn’t even mean that in a bad way.

The more tiers there are, the lower the value of an item will become, and the bigger the ‘trash’ loot pile, and people will want to use loot filters to limit the number of drops to only include valuables. The net effect is that it takes just as long to get a good item as before the introduction of additional tiers, but you need to implement a loot filter system (bad idea in my opinion: more coding, more errors, more confusion). If you want people to chase items for a longer time, reduce their drop rate. At least then, when you find something you’ll know it’s good.

If the tires of affixes on an item were linked , this would solve the trash pile problem: if an item has an affix of level X, the other affixes are randomnly drawn from a pool that is within X -/+ 2 levels for example.

Of course, there is crafting, but if you have to replace 3 out of 4 affixes on an item through crafting, in a system where each craft increases the chances to brick the item, nobody will want to waste their time on it. so in practice, such solution will not increase the number of ‘top tier’ items, but will increase the number of happy players and reduce the number of those who gave up out of frustration of playing a ‘seagull over a landfill’ (love that analogy :slight_smile: )

I understand your position, didn’t try to argue with that.

All points of view, I suppose, have been considered by the devs. I am sure they have good reasons to decide for this approach.

1 Like

While I like the idea of T6 and T7 affixes I definitely don’t like that T5 values of affixes has been nerfed significantly, and in general moved into T6 tier.

Welcome to the genre, 99% crap drops is as essential to the genre as big flashy skills and people bitching on the forums that their big flashy skill isn’t as big and/or flashy as someone else’s so clearly the other person’s needs to be taken into a dark alley and soundly beaten with a big nerf hammer.

Seriously though, all of the "big successful arpgs, every single damned one has 99% crap drops. It’s like EA sports games being “secret” gambling games with a thin skim of sports over the top to fool the regulators and “totally revolutionised” every year to fool the punters into starting over from scratch each year. And yes I did type that in the voice of Jim Sterling.

@Heavy, I thought etornero’s idea was for the t6/7 affixes to be in addition to the usual 4 craftable affixed.

I guess it depends on your definition of “significantly” then, 'cause not all of them have.

1 Like

I did not want to give it just a heart but approve it with a comment as well as it truly is not an exaggeration if stated with the significance of “essential”.
While it might be superficially redundant to create so much garbage loot - it really is not.
In short:
You will go through a lot less positive psychological effects and most likely even quite a lot of negative effects if there would be very little loot or only the best of the best dropped.
I believe simply putting your imagination into use would help plenty with this theory (:

That’s not even the case for all affixes, some T5 affixes stayed untouched. And those that got touched, got touched because they were simply too strong(example Attack Speed, which got the biggest “nerf”)
The rest got minor changes

Was not sure what exactly he meant, but still my statement stays the same. I like few affixes that matter.

Also if they would implement that change exatled items would be insanely stronger than they are currently. generally and the top ceilling would be absurd. So if something like this happens , they either need to reduce thee effect of the T6/7 affixes themselves, or reduce the otehr affixes value, both cases would nerf items overall just for the sake of not making exalted items “OP”.

I think exalted items are in a pretty good spot atm, from a balancing/number standpoint.
They have great potential, but are nothing that is really mandatory.

I think the devs missed the opportunity to make it clear that said T6/T7 items are a long term thing and nothing that is achived over night. The need to state this clearly in big bold letters is given because the “Mine!Mine!!MINE!!!YESTERDAY!!!11” crowd is always confused about luxery goods noone realy needs for anything besids a bigger Eschlong.

No, this would be, as @Heavy pointed, extremely overpowered. I talked about making drops with 5 affixes and call them “exalted” instead of the actual T6/T7. It would be garbage 99% as it is now, but a little more flexible.
As I said before, I’m not sure it would be better, only was food for thought

2 Likes

Are you sure though? 99% of the items that drop in PoE are crap. Though die to how PoE’s crafting works, if the base is decent with a sufficiently high ilvl you can then craft it into something decent if you throw enough currency at it.

The devs said they would look into whether there’s something wonky with the fractures due to all the complaining on the forum about it.

I don’t think PoE has as much complaining each time a chaos creates a junk set of rolls. Though that’ll be due to being able to continue throwing currency at it till it works, unlike LE where eventually you get a fracture.

I’d like to see a chart of when an item fractured to see the distribution of fractures by % chance to fracture.

Yes very true statement. Doesn’t change the fact that Exalted items are a somewhat useless implementation. I have found c. 100 exalted items and 90% of them come with 3-4 affixes which automatically makes them a waste for endgame. You need to have 4 of exactly the correct / wanted affixes otherwise the item is uncraftable. In normal game Yellows and only usefull for shattering and Blues are the only ones i have a chance to find which i can use as a base to make T16+ items.

I think it would be a big improvement if Exalted only dropped with 1-2 affixes (ie only the exalted or at best 1 extra stat). That would greatly improve the odds that i can actually use the item as a base to craft a high end tier item.

:slight_smile: Yeah, even though I agree and it’s true, is does sound patronizing when someone tells you “we also have these deluxe-class items, but they’re not really for you, you should be fine with the subpar tier items. Those superior ones are reserved for the people who really deserve them and put in more time than you”. At least, that’s how it sounds to me, but I’m biased…

1 Like

I’m very chilled about it. I don’t chase items that have an almost impossible droprate if you want a decent quality item. It’s like working 50h a week for your payment with an optional 1% chance to get a fracture more money on top of your payment if you work another 100h a week ^^. T6/T7 are not worth the effort in my eyes… at least if you want one with good rolls.

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree with that, if you can get 2-3 of the right affixes at the t3-4 you can craft it all up to t5. T6/7 doesn’t really change this. The affixes chosen are still likely to be 99% crap.

Edit: I could accept 1 mod in addition to the t6/7, though I’m not sure that would agree with the devs intent for t6/7s.

I would be OK with the T6/T7 and the T8 coming in the next DLC ( :wink: ) being super rare and in effect overpowered, BUT I have a sneaky suspicion the (end) game will not remain balanced around T5, but because of some kid showing off on internet how skilled he is and how ‘broken’ the game is with the super-duper Tx items, that there will be content (bosses, areas) reserved for the players who do own them, and the balance will shift to ‘impossible to get to in a reasonable amount of time, even though you paid the full price for the game’, like it did in POE.

therein lies the heart of the problem. Getting a blue with 2 correct affixes is hard enough now throw. Now add in the reduced probability of getting Exalted roll then further reduce probability that item wont shatter when you craft up to T4/5 then Exatled items becomes more in the category of “nice to know about them but i have better things to do than spend 12hrs / day grinding for 1 useful item per month”

If Exalted could be shattered then added to another item (which then auto fractures so no further crafting on the item can happen) then it will be far more useful. Even more so if an Exalted affix could replace and existing Affix.

Keeping as it is at moment doesnt really bother me (i still think this game is fantastic and is more than worth the money and time investment), i just think that Exalted items become a rather pointless addition to the game for many players.

Drops may have improved a bit. A big “may”.

These Boots dropped at t5, t6, t5, t5.

Not the best variation of stats, still usable maybe. But they dropped.

I cannot remember the area, but I think it was 80. And I do not remember how many timelines I was in. But I don’t think it matters much. I’ve had goodish drops on 55 1st timeline and absolute pants at 100 multiple timelines in. RNG etc.

Best I personally ever saw before 0.7.9d was t5 t5, t5, t4