NEw monolith

I played 2-3hours with level 73 character.
Then we begin level 55. It’s so boring, no experience gain and just so boring. I did some quest and i crashed a first time…
I had to do quest since the first one again.
after a long time of boring game i have a boss. Maybe i wasn’t carreful enough but as all previous monolith/quest was too easy the boss killed me in about 2 second. Ok, that’s normal, boss have to be boss, even level 55.
But why have we to do all quest again? WTF it’s no sence at the begening. It’s like for shaper in POE, we have to find all fragment…but shaper is end game!
Seriously, just a little mistake and boss one shot to play again 2 hour of boring and useless level 55.

Please DO SOMETHING!!!

P.S. sorry for bad english.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d be fine if they sent you back a few levels in the monolith, like since the last “quest echo”. Shield throw on my pally has a tendency to bug every now and then where I cast it, and nothing happens. When this occurs it stays this way for a few minutes at a time then works again. I died on the Abomination first time because of course my shield throw bugged out. Running around avoiding him and the soul chambers damages for several minutes unable to do damage or regain health was really upsetting. Then I die and had to start the whole monolith over.

I like the changes to the system, but that is beyond aggressively annoying. Maybe if they wanna do that in like the 6th or 7th monolith timelines, sure, I accept that but not on the lowest level ones that most players have likely over-leveled.

1 Like

I had exactly the same issue. 1-14 at level 55 no real problem, except for some huge lag. Boss at l15 one shot me during lag. Also the big crab bosses are laggy. When I re-enter the monolith and saw that I have to start from l1 again I hit alt + f4 instant. This is like dying in Diablo 3 GR70 and having to start at GR1 again.

3 Likes

Same here. Endured the underlevel’d mobs for over 40 monoliths, with ZERO effort. Wading through mobs like you would expect to as a lvl 96 Forge Gaurd. My goal was just to get to relevant content (my lvl) asap. I got to the 2nd boss, and I was cautious, and soon found I was tanking him quite easily. Then some attack comes across the screen from left to right (Like rodan) and with 80% block 100% glancing blow, 1100 hp. Protections near 60%, Critical avoidance at 89%, Amulet of Orian, I even have 40% void taken as physical on my chest. LvL 96 slain by a lvl 68 boss. I am 28 levels higher than this boss. I must admit, the prospects do not look good for my lowbie characters. Game over.

2 Likes

I just played for an hour or so and I didn’t notice a difference. You still choose from two timelines just like before, then kill the boss and leave? The only thing that’s changed is it’s much easier now and you get no XP anymore. I got bored and stopped playing.

1 Like

I just played for an hour or so and I didn’t notice a difference. You still choose from two timelines just like before, then kill the boss and leave? The only thing that’s changed is it’s much easier now and you get no XP anymore. I got bored and stopped playing.

Sometimes you can choose “quest”, it’s random i think. and after some of this quest you have the boss, if you kill it i think you can acces to higher level monolith. If the boss kill you, you can do it all again…

1 Like

Its not scaled to your lvl anymore. Which would be fine if we didn’t already have high lvl characters. Its not the same either, now you can save “progress” and after you complete each group of timelines and kill the end boss you get a permanent buff. They have also included new maps. Improvements in my opinion.

However…

I think the main complaint of this thread is 1) having to endure boring, non-challenging monoliths 2) Because of the level discrepancy not getting any xp (regardless of how high your monolith xp bonus is). 3) getting punked by a boss that seems disproportionately strong compared to the mobs leading up to it. (as a lvl 96 i was one shot by the lvl 68 boss) 4) Subsequently having to go back and repeat the same boring (easy/no XP) monoliths just to get back to the boss fight and have another go.

1 Like

I got the quest option, I killed the boss and then it just continued as before. The monolith level didn’t increase.

Unless you killed the Abomination, you are not done. Each monolith requires you to beat several “quest echos”. Abomination boss is the final quest echo for the first monolith.

Thanx ultrabot it’s well summarized!

Hey. I posted it in the topic for the patch notes but I leave it her as well. I tried 3 times to do just the first quest of the new monolith (lv55) and it crashed all 3. This is an amazing patch and I can’t move forward with it. Damn am I hyped tho :slight_smile:

I tried again the first boss ending the quest line 55 and it killed me again…I am level 73 and so what the fuck it’s the end for me until they fix this.
I had no potion (blocked by the first vessel i used (bug) i used 3 potion to kill it), always moving to escape attack and regen life, vessel do so much damage (i’am melee). Then it’s just totaly fucked up.

i think we should give them some time to fix it.im sure they can come up with a solution to this situation because currently its unplayable like this.i died 2 times in a 2 sec before learning wth is going on.i think boss quest has to stay there unless we want to choose other option.1 mistake and back to mapping 20 times again to die in a sec again makes no sense for me.and there is huge difficulty difference between that map monsters and end game boss…

i get it bosses should be hard but also should be playable.it was same with liath(every hit almost 1 shot) thankfully it got nerfed.i think this game has problems with boss designs.they add too much mechanic to make it diffucult.i love bosses with tactics that u dont just facetank it.but seriously this last boss that i countered was a joke.there is 4 thing that u have to destroy while u get chased by boss and if u dont careful u just get 1 hit and u dont even see what u died from.i learned it after 2 good wipes :D.he throws 4 projectiles, after few sec if u near to boss they return to boss and just kill u in a sec before u can see them…

tried to be patient 3 times i farmed to this boss as a hardcore player from games like(not gonna mention the names :D) but i gave up after 3rd try.i dont know if they expect everyone to play summoner builds and run nonstop while your minions do your job but personally i like self casting characters.and i can say its very very hard unless u dont abuse boss with overpower items.definetly not gonna happen with your 55-60 character thats for sure.

1 Like

I’m stuck on the second boss too. Level 76 and I have no problem at all running through the echoes but I just cannot kill the boss… And all that time wasted running through 20+ monos sometimes before the quest even appears is getting tedious. Getting practically no xp doesn’t help either. I feel like I’m not progressing anything at all and I have just hit a wall.

1 Like

Guess they don’t playest their patches. This problem would have been found immediately. Makes you wonder what’s gonna happen with future patches.

1 Like

Yes, and now my motivation to play my lower characters is really diminished as well because if I can’t figure out this boss with my tankiest, highest level character (that is 26 lvl’s higher than the boss) what chance do my lowbie alts have of getting passed these bosses at the same level?

Also, the only place I can get 68+ gear now is 1) gamble (which I hate) 2) Arena (which I hate) or the chest after each timeline (which drops mostly crap) So I’ve spent the last 2 hours not actually playing but, just logging/relogging to reset the gambler (saving me 500 gold) and having a blast shattering gear at 93% over and over in an effort to bolster my protections in preparation for my next run up to that boss.

Prior to this patch I was getting tier 5 drops left and right in the monolith because the loot was scaled to my level. Now I’m stuck at map lvl 68 untill I figure something out or lose interest.

Solution? Are the bosses too hard? Is there any way to make the 20+/- timelines leading up to each boss fight more relevant for higher lvl characters? Would it be too cheap to add a waypoint in front of the boss?

Because as it stands now… all those 20 lvls are getting me really is gold for the gambler, and if I want gold the best way to play is Arena (and at least in Arena I get xp).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.