Necromancer 80+ minion build

Its back! A fully updated(and quite changed) Necromancer Minion Build! Stack up over 80 minions and up to a maximum of 130! Enjoy!

1 Like

Well… not a bad build and nice items… but I have few things to say about the skills/stats:
You have only 6 skeleton archers, when you can have 10 easily… Also - still can’t get why you pick 2 transplant nodes that contradict each other - the mana one can’t stay with the health recovery one. And you limit your transplant bone minion to 1, when with spamming you can easily keep 4-6 on.
Btw - why getting plaguebearer’s staff? The added chances don’t work with minion hits, do they?

First. Thanks for the feedback! always learning so love others point of views!
2) I wanted maximum amount of minion health for wraiths to have as many as possible, taking the +2 skeles in passive tree = less health (*muiltplicatively)
3)Im confused by the mana and health. you get both back? with splatter each hit enemy returns mana and health(or ward fi you take that node) maybe im wrong but it has worked for me in the past
4)Transplant was all over the place for me as long as you get the 30% mana back and Get your health cost back you can run anything else you want :slight_smile:
5) Wandering spirits are not minions and get your weapons stats, running them by themselves with the staff does more damage that all the actual minions so that why i chose it, you can run a minion weapon and do just fine :slight_smile:
this build doesnt need to be copied 100% its just here to get you going and i hope you explore many more ways on the trees :slight_smile:

But don’t they benefit from +minion damage?

no they dont, but they get the 236% poison on hit and use your DoT damage which on this broken necro is about 800%.

Found this.

But ingame tooltip gives no hints. I’m sure there was a “minion” tag on it. Must have been changed.

I am glad I stumbled upon this. :sweat_smile:

Ugh thats old info, they do not count as a minion skill or benefit from minion things, that was changed like 2 patches ago when Necro had way to many minions. Maybe its been changed back, but the passives on tree that proc from using a minion skill dont work when i use wandering spirits

You are certainly right.

Thank you a lot for the weapon and wandering spirits explanation. I was wondering whats the deal with that when they don’t count towards the minion limit… Would try it myself :slight_smile:
Btw - you missed 1 skeleton in the skill tree as well - as for the wraith health - you lose only 6% minions health and get 2 skeletons back :slight_smile:
For the Transplant - I mean the “Drink Deep” node - it is the one on the far left side - if you check the mana regen node “Pale Blood” it says it is incompatible with Drink Deep.

1 Like

Yeah that quote from me is old info. It’s the way it used to work and was pretty confusing. As Boardman said, wandering spirits no longer scale with any sort of minion stats. I’ll go and edit my comment to clarify that in case other people go searching and find it.

1 Like

I started this build the other day, have you considered investing the wraiths into a few points in the poison node? I dont have the staff currently and the wandering spirits have been pretty lack luster without it.

I put a few points into the melee poison node and swapped my archers to rogues and invested into the poison nodes for wraiths and the damage is much better overall from what I’ve found.

Also, What pieces would you invest into the set glancing blows affix on since both minion life and minion life regen are also prefixes? It seems like you need 6-7% on 4 pieces of gear to hit 100% glancing blows.

Is there a number we should be shooting for on total Minion life regen/minion HP%?

Build good but underdeveloped when it comes to 80+ levels.
In a necromancer it’s better to go for a one-handed weapon.

Can you elaborate as to why and what you would recommend going instead?

Build is good and all I would change was a two-handed one-handed weapon. Alternatively, I would not be forced to attack minions because minions on a Necromancer should only insure, heal or add, for example, immunity. I never set minions to attack alone because it makes no sense to build where minions attack themselves is boring and the character becomes passive.

This doesnt make a whole lot of sense in what you are saying. So youd go a 1h. is there a specific unique or stats youd want on your 1h+ offhand instead?

Based on the rest of your comment, It sounds like youd rather not go full minions on a full minion build?

But a one-handed weapon + a shield with good properties gives more than a two-handed weapon alone. And minions are just a passive part of the game.

the 2H weapon isnt just a normal 2h… its the holy grail of poison. The plague bearers staff + wandering spirits is what doing the most damage… I mean 55+ wraiths are also doing great damage, but switching outta the Plague bear will reduce the total damage output of this build by more than 50%. Of course this build is just a viable base for people to aim for and then build off of so feel free to switch to a 1h. A shield wil ldefinitely help with survivability if you struggle to hide behind 80+ minions.

1 Like

Have you considered adding poison nodes to the wraiths?

Not only considered but i have done it. 2 things. 1) you will no longer get the same output of wraiths as they will cost more and you cant take the muitiplicative health node. 2) at higher levels they get killed very easily and there for stackign poison is much harder where as wondering spirits cannon be attacked or die until there time is up.

Again there are many many ways to build this. I advise playing the way you like it will be the most enjoyable :slight_smile:

I like a Necromancer but when it comes to building a Necromancer it’s actually better to play the way you like :slight_smile: