(my first build) Its over 9000!

The Paladin can get an aweful lot of ignite chance, especially if it can use fire skills as you can then use Calamity & Soulfire.

Edit: I think the max ignite chance you could get on a Paladin is somewhere in the 1,100% region.

Edit #2: Unfortunately, the bleed chance converted into ignite from the gloves doesn’t show up on the character screen, but it is apparently used correctly.

1 Like

HA! Great minds think alike. I actually am testing these right now! Leveling up a few skills but as I was putting my Paladin together for this I realized both of these might make nice addition. I’m not yet 76 (my paladin is 74) but I’m going to keep an eye out for that amulet (though it is very rare.)

The only downside of using more uniques is that it makes your character squishier since you can’t use rares to get enough defensive affixes.

1 Like

Yeah, most definitely. I’ve got resists all around 40%, glancing blow at 100. block chance 60. Right now the gear though that isn’t the legendaries is very suboptimal (several pieces have dodge % increase and i have 0 dodge rating to start with. :D) BUT I’m also using all my idols right now as fillers to boost my resists and glancing blow. I have three Sentinel characters and a bazillion idols but not a single one with manifest weapon on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to stick with the legendaries right now and see if I can start getting my boots/rings/amulet/belt a little more optimal so I can start pulling those idols if I ever drop something with manifest weapon on it.

Edit: after I spend a little more time on it, I’ll get back with what I did with passives.

I played with rive and force strike but i had defense problems in 20+ monoliths so i removed force strike and used only rive who game me almost double the dps.

Tried to use it in arena but after rank 100 and with mine 1060 the fps dropped at 1-20 fps.

To counter that i used after wave 150 when i had mostly 1-5 fps juggernaut stance.
Managed to reach wave 222 were i was mostly bored from the lag and the long fights and died.
i was using vengeange, ring of shields, devouring orb, rive and forge strike.
Then at wave 100 i removed forge strike and at wave 150 i removed rive.
Used abysall echoes and lastly juggernaut stance who was the “safe” bet as it gives 15% less damage with the movement and speed attack handicap.

So maybe for you guys with a better graphics card this build will work in high arena but sadly for me it didn’t work :slightly_frowning_face:

Would love to see this working in high level arena where the health of the mobs is much higher and you need damage.

Good thing I didn’t have these idols yet so I won’t notice the difference. :flushed:

oh that seems big change to the build. Gotta see how it will perform now.

edit: the build lost some of its performance but it still doing great and it will do even better when they add the manifest weapon skill tree to the game.

If this information is correct:
https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/ability/ManifestWeapon

Manifest Weapon will do tons of damage and also it can apply additional bleed which we will convert to ignite, especially if this node is correct:

1 Like

Looks good. Now if I could ever get one of those idols to actually drop.

Dude, the video is great. Don’t worry about it. Any changes here so far?

2 Likes

At this point I am waiting for Manifest Weapon to get it own skill tree.

1 Like

I am amazed man. Really, really cool build.
Keep such guides coming, don’t ever worry about being a bit shy. I am super fine with 0 editing, I am here to learn the game mechanics not Adobe After Effects. :smiley:

2 Likes

Got the build to 68 atm.
Feels good however I have ONE single Totem for Manifest Weapon, so my Ignite stacking is really, really low. I assume having 4 would nearly double my damage.
Some observations:

1. I have 20% Dodge, Glancing Blow cap, 69% block with 2500 or so Block Effectiveness, 41% Crit Avoidance. I think going for full Crit Avoidance and raising Block and Dodge to 100% combined is the way to go here, as Melee we need as much help as we can get!
  2. My HP is pitiful, 500 HP so far. I know that levels will fix it, I am missing a comfy 25 levels before the build slows down.
  3. I still die quite a bit, I think this is more about the missing DPS than my stats, I feel like this build should feel tanky with the stats I provided.
  4. Since Elemental protection and Armor is taken care of (with Recent Armor and Protections on Block I got to 3.2k armor mid fight, easy), I decided to run Sunforged Greathelm which converts 40% of Poison damage taken to Physical and 40% of Void damage taken to Fire. I believe this is a HUGE boost in survivability and is well worth it.
  5. Put 2 points into Sigil of the Guardian on the Sigil skill tree. Grants us 8% block (2 per Sigil) and will most likely end up with 80% block chance by level 85. Aegis of Renewal in Sentinel is also quite sexy, since you can block a LOT and having 50 health on EACH block might mean a LOT of extra survivability.

I think I should stop trying to get Dodge and just go Block + Crit avoidance. Not sure, but Crit Avoidance to 100% might make Crit Monoliths a joke. I mean, mathematically, even if the mobs have 100000% Crit chance, 100% Crit Avoidance would mean you get Crit 0 times. It opens up a lot of hard Mob affixes in Monolith actually.
Health might also be crucial, as in stacking Hybrid or Set health. Not sure which is the correct way to go here.
Lastly, relying too much on Rallying block (50 armor and protection per recent Block) might be a mistake. That and it does feel like Dodge is a heavy investment, it will eat up like 6 Affixes on gear, at least. So maybe just go for massive Health instead, with some Void/Poison/Necro Protection and ignore Dodge altogether.
And Fire Golems still OP, even with like 72% Fire protection. The chonkers don’t die fast, it’s the Totem issue I have and without these Totems I can’t really say how far the build can go.

P.S. Tunklab first itemization (dodge, low Protection values, Block reliant): Here
Second Tunklab itemization (no Dodge, better Protections, relying more on Health on Block): Here

1 Like

Yeah, these take for friggin ever. I just this morning dropped a second one. And I have three Sentinels at or above 70 and I play them the most. :flushed:

Hey guys, just wait for manifest weapon to get its own tree and the build will rock.

@Ericberic your stat are beast man, crit avoidance at 100% seems as a good idea.
How much resist do you have? Also how much Attack Speed?

Yesterday I got 2 of those idol for 40-50min playtime. Its pure RNG.

Yes, indeed it is and my RNG royally sucks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey everyone. I am giving a try to this build as a Paladin and it is starting to look great.

As a quick note, taking the Paladin Divine Bolt passive granting 20% chance to cast Divine Bolt on melee hit is really worth it. The Divine Bolt projectile pierces enemies and ignites everything on its way.

I only got 2 idols for the moment but the build is rockin’.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out a way to apply this well yet?
I think this is an amazing interaction / mechanic, but i havent been able to apply it effectively in game yet…

I will post update regard the build soon. It is doing really good even after the nerf of manifest weapon idols.

Here is a screenshot of the physical damage boost, getting to 20k is kinda easy, just hit 10 mobs at the same time. Also Eye of Reen give a lot of critical damage :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, +20k % increased phys damage. I wonder what we could apply that to:

Edit: I’ve not actually watched the video (sorry), but presumably it uses the manifest weapon on melee hit idols to buff the amount of ignites you have on a target?