Mouse Clicking on things I don't mean to

So first off, I just want to say I love the way waypoints unlock by progressively lighting up when you are nearby instead of just clicking on them like most games. looks cool, and functions great.

But, I absolutely hate that I am always clicking on them by mistake. And its not just waypoints. Chests, NPCs and loot are all things I click on when I don’t mean to (loot might just be me clicking on dumb things). The problem is that the actual event of triggering an interaction is the release of the mouse button, not the click/release cycle. So when I am holding down the mouse button as I move around (constant clicking isn’t fun for me) I sometimes let go of the mouse button as I am moving, at the same time my pointer just happened to be hovering over an interactable (I think I just made that word up) object. This ends with me trying to close the map when I am in the midst of a fight for the case of waypoints.

2 Likes

I suspect it is just how they handle user inputs in general. If you gamble an item and then hover your pointer over a different vendor tab (gamble a helmet and then mouse over the weapons tab), at the completion of the gamble it will automatically flip to the weapons tab. No clicking required.

There are many instances like this in the game. It seems as though the click, and release events of a mouse push are not synchronizing well. This could be due to many reasons though.

I raised the same issue in discord and got a reply from hacka who seemed to acknowledge the issue. But nothing concrete on whether they can change how inputs are received.

1 Like

Awesome, I’m glad it is at least something they are aware of. I assumed it would be, but I hadn’t seen anything about it and I’m curious why this is happening at all. Really hoping it isn’t one of those things thats buried so deep it will be hard to fix now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.