Monolith level incompletable

I activated a soul forge, and killed all enemies, then nothing. I tried teleporting to to town and unity crashed.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1849780020
output_log.txt (Uploaded to google drive because the file is too large to upload here. Why so large?)
I made it to monolith level 44, a personal best. All my previous runs ended before level 20 with the game crashing on loading a new monolith level and resetting monolith progress.

Edit: I had a look at the log to see why it was so large, and there are 3 lines that repeat over 450,000 times:

(Filename: Line: 2513)

Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface

We are aware of log spam issues but have not found solutions for all of them yet, I’ll be taking a look soon.

In future, please be sure to note what Monolith zone you are in when you experience a bug so we can better diagnose the issue. It appears you were in Forlorn Streets, is that correct?

Since the game crashed, please check if there are any files in C:/Users/YOURNAME/AppData/Local/Temp/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Crashes and upload them. It might be related to the length of the game session.

Thanks for the report and your patience while we investigate these issues.

Yes, Forlorn Streets is what the screenshot shows. Here are the crash files

Would you consider making it easier to upload similar files directly? The current restrictions are .txt, .log, and .ini only, and no larger than 4mb, which means I can’t upload anything directly.

Anyways my bigger concern with monolith progress currently, is that if anything goes wrong (incompletable level, crash at any point, even on loading) progress is reset. Would you consider relaxing this, at least until the game is more stable? One monolith run was reset when I directly went to the monolith after just loading the character.

Ah, the two links being next to each other made me not think to click the other part.

Because the log files are simply text they compress very efficiently, so we have considered allowing .zip uploads, but that could allow other malicious things to be uploaded. We are looking into a better solution, but in the meantime I am interested in solving the spam issues themselves.

I’ll ask about the resetting issue, but I think the only solution would be to make progress reset only on death rather than exit or death. I believe this would require a fairly substantial re-work of how the selection process functions.

Thanks for sharing the logs, unfortunately they don’t give me much to go on for now.

A fix for this was included in 0.7.3-- please let us know if you run into further issues.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.