Minions cast which versions of spells

When a minion uses a skill you have specialized in, (say, Golem uses Rip Blood, or Skele Mages using Sacrifice), do they use the base version of the skill, or do they benefit from any Spec points you’ve put into the skill? Does having it on your bar make a difference?

Would love to make a Skele mage-Wraith-Sacrifice synergy build, but it kinda requires Skele Mages to benefit from Speccing into Sacrifice for it to really work well.

Minions cast base versions of the spells. Specialization only counts for skills you cast yourself.

As @DominicP343 said, it’s only a basic version. A Dev confirmed it.

@Gottesprach : I had the same idea of build. Right now, i use the Skel mages to sacrifice Skel Warriors only and let the wraiths live. The benefits from this strategy is to use a lot of nodes saying “when a minion die” or “when you summon a minion” to improve your chara and skills like rip blood (that’s my choice).
Nevertheless, i don’t see the interest of the node “sacrifice of wraith” with this strategy. But maybe i miss something and we have probably other choices :wink:

I was trying Wraiths because they’re cheaper, you can summon them faster, they summon where you click more or less, so I was figuring it to be a point-and-click bombing idea. Having the skelies stay alive to shred armor and such helps with the Sacrifice damage. Gaining ward on minion spell cast and minion death seems pretty strong, and I’m eager to try it out.

Yeah i understand, good idea.
With the mana reduction node, skelies costs less in my build than wraith ( 12 vs 19 ). And my wraith have a extra life, life restored in critical … So i can stack my wraith and spam my suicidal skelies, using rip blood to extra damage by minion (10 skel, 5 mages, 1 golem, often 15-20 wraith) and blood infusion (boosting the different creatures).
I have to optimize, craft gear and lvl up (68 now) but the build is fun to play.

Anyway, Enjoy & good luck !

Have you noticed how when the Mages are casting Sac on minions, they all seem to cast Sac at the same time on the same minion, instead of one casting Sac, and the rest casting the usual spells, or Sac on a different minion? It seems like a waste of dps, and I wonder whether you’ve found a work around.

Old topics talked about it briefly (i bought the game quite recently). Apparently, they still do the same thing now : Sacrifice as soon as a warrior is in contact with an enemy. I admit it’s hard to count and see (with the explosions, and % chance to revive skeletons in my build) and it depends of your number of mages.

However, i’d say it’s sometimes a waste when you’re against weak enemies (too much sacrifices for few damages needed) but it’s better against resilient monsters (if you can manage your mana of course). So it’s sometimes frustrating when you’ve just lost a lot of skeletons on a little creature before an epic monster runs to slaughter you :sweat:

My regret with the system is that is hard to make them attack the good enemy (with your minion attack bind) as they rush very fast where they like (i did a topic about minions behavior issues if you’re interested : Minions behaviors & positions).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.