Meteor/Black Hole on Sorcerer

Been playing around alot with Fire mages lately and no matter what skills i use (ive tried them all now) and no matter which branch i take (tried shrapnel/tried armageddon/tried 6 meteors/tried 1 hard hitting metero) It just seems that both black hole armageddon and meteor itself are just to weak with there current skill trees. I can spec into fire elemental nova with exact same gear same passives and deal 5x more damage a second.

Lets Start with meteor - Its base damage needs to be raised. The nodes that increase hit damage needs to be raised. remove the 3/3 +2% base crit and just add a guarenteed crit 1/1. This spell is so expensive not getting a crit with it is even more useless. Smelters wraith has a guarenteed crit node. When i Spec into 1 meteor and full hit damage, I crit for 4-6k damage. Its a nice crit but its 1 hit that took forever to come down. Usually misses with its small base area unless somehow everyone stood still without dying for 3 seconds. Going for mutiple meteors instantly kills the hit damage (mutiplicatively) so yes i can get up to 7 meteors but now they crit for 1k damage at most. Again i can just use elemental nova fire channeled and get 5 hits a second doing 1500 crits… the dps is 3-5x as good. The mana cost is less. And you can get protections while channeling.

Black hole - I love black hole. Its the whole reason my first character in last epoch was a sorcerer. But ive come to realize its just so unused because of so many things wrong with it.
First - The CD is way to long. If you cant reduce the CD the node for recast should be 3/3 for 100% not 30% total
Second - Armageddon is an absolute amazing idea. But why does it not use your meteor skill tree?? Its basically garbage with out doing so. Link those 2 skills together and black hole could be viable again. for a mana cost of 284 mana on my char (which i dont use the free cast from TP because i want the 284% increased damage) i expect more bang for the buck. i mean 284 mana… dmannn
Third - Black hole pull sucks. Now it works good for pulling in mobs but after investing 10 points (5 in pull and 5 in pull area) i expect that things that have been sucked into a black hole not to randomly jump out and hit me. NOTHING ESCAPES A BLACK HOLE! not even light, so how is it that there jumping out and hitting me while i try and focus to recover that major 284 mana loss??

I love these 2 skills and would love to use them more, but they both need a rework in there current state, right now i feel there nothing more than just trivia to use just when your bored.

Did somebody say “Black Hole” ? :smirk:
Can’t pass by and not to remind about my rework suggestion :slight_smile:

Hey ! Love the idea, really cool rework.

Personnaly, I’d like to change the “Grabbing all” for a “Supermassive Black Hole”-like, with +% size of black hole (the projectiles can’t go through) , hyper-pull effects but can’t benefit from collapsing effects anymore.

And 3 nodes instead of “Trap Realm” that increases (you can only take one acrive) :

1. “Broken Hourglass” : the CD of the “pulled” mobs for Xsecs after being pulled.
  2. “Time Distortion” : the mobs think they move faster than they really do. The movement speed of the “pulled” mobs decreases for Xsecs after being pulled.
  3. “Regression” : Threatened by this cosmic appearance, they go back to a self-protective (fetal-like) state. The mobs can’t attack or heal when pulled but have an increased defense. The duration of Black hole is reduced by “xx”.

It will offer more ways to use Black hole as a support skill. (just thoughts, need probably adjustments).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.