[Megathread] Alpha discussion

Greetings Travelers!

Due to a number of long-standing bugs, and consistent critical feedback regarding our forum, we are now looking at moving to an alternative forum package. While we did discuss attempting to make the transition in time for the launch of our alpha, we ultimately decided that it would be best to focus on one thing at a time. After watching how the initial alpha release unfolds, we’ll be making an improved forum our next priority.

We’re confident that our new forum will be worth the wait. Until then, please feel free to continue to post on this forum. While we’re hoping to migrate existing posts across, these megathreads will help to consolidate recent posts on this forum if the migration is unsuccessful. We’re also aware of a bug affecting the ability of a minority of people to create new threads, and these megathreads help to workaround that until the switch.

As always, thank you for your passion for Last Epoch. While we’re not yet ready to announce the forum solution we’ve been looking at, please believe me when I say that it is a much more modern and has many additional features compared to our current forum.

Just purchased the Champion Alpha support pack, downloaded the launcher, updating, so far so good!

I’ll keep existing issues and remove solved ones in future edits.
** When I hit T and portal out of the Woodland Arena, when I come back in it often puts me outside the map and I’m stuck.

** When I am using Tempest (spinning attack) and gain a level, I can continue to spin indefinitely without any mana use. I imagine its the same with other skills that are channeled.

• After the first 5 waves, the “Are you sure you want to Start Next Wave” screen automatically comes up. We can cancel it, however it shouldn’t come up by default. The 10, 15 etc wait for you to initialize the next wave button.
  • *Joined chat, however it still appears to not be working. Also even though it is invisible, when I open the blacksmith items I can’t hover over some in that chat area.

*No exit button. ctrl/alt/del for now.
*The leap skill got me stuck in a wall, logged out and back its good again.

Thoughts:
*Armory entrance is good to get a few quick levels just run out and run back in early on.
*Once we hit woodland arena, is that it for now? Leveling seems very slow in Arena (still seems slow, however I have yet to find a class combo that kills mobs super quick), least for now when we’re mainly testing the game.

Cannot access Alpha too and I agree with Psomm…Exit Button would be nice XD

Our apologies, there is a login error and we’re working on patching it.

I will post here when it is fixed.

Nice! looking forward to the new forums!

You and me both!

I hope that you opt to go with an industry standard forum package like Invision, vBulletin, or phpBB rather than another nonstandard package. We don’t need cute and pretty, we need functional and robust.

Just sayin’ …:slight_smile:

I do not even have an option to download the Alpha from my page :frowning:

Is this a known issue, or should I report a new issue?

Well that would be why, my status is still set to Eldger, but I upgraded to the $50 pack within 5 days of the Demo release.

I will contact support for this to see why it has not been adjusted yet :slight_smile:

Then again, Elder was the 50$ Alpha Supporter pack was it not?

The hotfix is released! If you are having issues please contact [email protected]

I’ve corrected this for you now.

Sorry about that. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=9850]

I do not even have an option to download the Alpha from my page 🙁
I’ve corrected this for you now.

Sorry about that. :slightly_smiling_face:[/quote]

I’m having the same issue.

And on another note : BBPress was not the best of options. Personally I’d suggest Discourse Forum over phpBB or MyBB simply because of the built in (from launch) social features like voting/reactions.

Having fun playing through this now, going to try all the available skill/class combinations. Is there a specific bug forum? I didn’t see one or an option to submit them in game?

Making it the arena and then using Flame Strike on the spell blade resulted in my items pictures no longer registering. I can see i have an item in inventory but there is no art associated with it. Additionally each strike makes my screen go black.

Elder and no Download Link ?

The Bug Reports section is at the bottom of the index page.

Here’s a link: https://lastepochgame.com/Forums/forum/140/

I’m very sorry about that, I’ve fixed this for you now.

I posted in the Technical Support forum, but the system lost my post somehow. Posting here instead. I’ve tried downloading the Alpha for Windows via Google Chrome. After completing, Chrome reports that the file might be dangerous. If I select to keep it anyway, it then reports that even though I might have downloaded from this site before, the site might “temporarily be unsafe (hacked)” and I should try downloading later. I can select again to keep the file if I want. Tried downloading a few times – same thing. What gives?

[quote quote=10005]I posted in the Technical Support forum, but the system lost my post somehow. Posting here instead. I’ve tried downloading the Alpha for Windows via Google Chrome. After completing, Chrome reports that the file might be dangerous. If I select to keep it anyway, it then reports that even though I might have downloaded from this site before, the site might “temporarily be unsafe (hacked)” and I should try downloading later. I can select again to keep the file if I want. Tried downloading a few times — same thing. What gives?

[/quote]

Thanks for the report, we’re looking into it. Nothing has changed, the file is safe to download. Sorry for the inconvenience!

So far I am enjoying the Alpha, I like most of the changes made, still deciding on if I like new skill tree system or not, which brings up my only issue so far, which is lving speed. I am lving many many times slower in Alpha than in demo version. I actually think the lving speed is good for when the game is released but in Alpha when testing skills/builds…etc, I personally would like way to lv faster so I can test all skills/builds without spending 40hrs+ lving to 100 for each char/build.

I do like how the passive skill tree is laid out making people invest/lv quite a bit to get all the strong skills. It’s just I don’t have the time to lv multiple char’s to 90+ at this lving speed to test them all before you dev’s go and change the skill tree and other game changes or char wipes…etc.

My suggestion would be to make arena give 500% exp or some amount that would allow people to lv fast and test out multiple builds…etc without having to invest 100’s hrs.

Thanks for the feedback! In terms of having the alpha be more representative of the finished game than the demos had been, and in empowering testers to access (and test) as much content as possible, we absolutely see merit in both. We’re going to be discussing a few options - such as having a per-character setting to enable Developer Mode, but be ineligible for leaderboard participation. It’s also worth noting that, unlike our pre-alpha demos, characters will typically persist across game versions.