Masteries need respec

Well, if we’re comparing equivalents (LE’s masteries & PoE’s ascendancies), you can respec PoE’s ascendancies, you just need to re-run a lab to choose a different one.

It’s been a very long time since I played TQ, but in GD as long as you don’t put any points into the class you can change it, even if you close the window.

Yeah, it’s almost like different people enjoy different things in games (some people don’t seem to understand this & no I don’t mean you Macknum) & want to get to and stay in the enjoyable bit as soon as possible. However, while we can give the devs our view on it we are all “stuck” in their view of it.

I don’t care at all to be honest ;). If the gameplay is fun I can swallow a “story” as long as it isn’t as bad as BL3 :D. Right now I have so much crafting mats in stock leveling a toon is a walk in the park and I don’t care it’s simply something to get over with.

Everyone who has a fun time playing the campaign is welcome to do so and I’m happy about it :). I just like the endgame and to quench 0.05% more power out of my build and grind for minimal upgrades and roll items untill I have almost best rolls everywhere and so on and so forth. That’s why for ME the endgame is the most valuable part of a H&S and if the endgame is bad I don’t bother with the leveling progress at all.

If there is no endgame I’m instantly done with the game. Look at Chaosbane and the endgame problems. Look at Wolcen and the duped down endgame. D3 has a very nice casual endgame but it get’s boring and rng is your worst enemy. So far I liked Marvel Heroes the most but that’s just me and raids aren’t everyones cup of tea.

Still grinding a new toon through the story arc is done quickly and as I said so far the only reason for replayability. Sure I might end up with every mastery at lvl 70+, sure I might have some masterys twice or eben more for different skillbuilds but I don’t give a lolipop because build diversity is fun for me.

I realy wish everyone the best to get their feedback heared but sometimes I can’t wrap my head arround it no matter how hard I try :D.

1 Like

Still waiting for Red Onslaught :frowning:.

I’d agre that getting through the story is pretty quick as it is, and as more acts get implemented you’ll undoubtably end at higher and higher levels with the campaign. I’d like to personally see the campaign bring you to ~74 for the gear tiers. It’d be a less monotonous grind to an extent.

1 Like

Hey! Why level at all? Make a new toon and give him lvl 100 and all passive points it can ever get. Make loadouts so you can swap everything instantly.

Why even make classes? Give every char access to everything (all skills, all items).

Make loadouts shareable. So you can just login, choose boardman’s wave 300+ poison void knight build out of your loadout menu and go for arena right away. And if it sucks you press the hot swap button to load Foes DS Lich build. But make the hotswap button a 4s cooldown so your decision becomes sort if meaningful and you cap swap classes to max. 3 times during a bossfight.

No boring leveling, no boring item grinding or boring thinking about building your character.

Get rid of all that mastery nonsense that just locks you to your decisions.

People don’t want to play a story or leveling a character. That’s all stupid timesink. It prevents people from playing endgame.

:exploding_head::flushed:

1 Like

We don’t need Mastery Respect.
Make a new character, level up him. It increases the fun and the replayability.

We can already respect Passives and Skills, it’s perfect at it is.

Definitelt doesnt increase fun or replayability. After getting 5 characters to level 100 without a respec option… im just done

It takes honestly an hour to get to the mastery portal with a new character. There is not much time investment at all. I just find leveling in Last epoch and how smooth it is to be really rewarding and quick. Out of all the ARPGs I have played remaking and releveling characters feels amazing in LE; I think they got it just right.

PS - I think in the future with how gearing is being set up. They want to have different unique gear sets for each mastery and very different styles of play. It makes sense why you can’t hop on to one or another without making a new toon.

1 Like

Okay, question is, what respec system you would like to see? While I am against mastery respecing, I can understand some people just don’t like leveling alts.

So what system you would propose? How often could you respec? How much resources (in time) it would cost?

Mastery respec:
Requirement: Only available when you have ended the storyline.
How does it work: it resets your chosen mastery and any and all skillpoints in all of your passives (not only those in the mastery you have chosen)
Cost: gold price for each and all of your skillpoints (even those that are not spend) + 25% cost (so it isn’t cheaper than manually respeccing all your passive points).

I will be honest, i don’t have problem with this except maybe gold price. I feel it has to be some unique resources just for this sole purpose. Something like D2 currently have - boss dropped reagents - which will make sure respec will have always same “price” no matter what gold inflation game currently has.

Far to cheap by a longshot.

Gold inflation… gambler is pretty good for that, stash tabs aswell.
Ofcourse in the end you will always have gold inflation.

But if it’s implemented,
prices should be kept reasonable, so respeccing isn’t only for hardcore/veteran players.

I’d prefer not having to farm after some low drop chance item.
Boss farming isn’t really a thing atm, and if for instance you make it "droppable from monolith xx consecutive runs and onwards), you will make it unatainable by the newer players.
I’m confident that a good bunch of them are having problems to even get arena keys.

Hence why it would probably be better to tie it to the end story line and making it cost gold.
For a game about time travel, it shouldn’t be that hard storywise to twist it so that you stop yourself (somehow) from choosing a certain mastery and make yourself choose a different one.

1 Like

I don’t mind leveling a character, but I don’t want to play a story (again). ARPG stories are pretty linear affairs with no meaningful choices that influence its outcome along the way. It usually just boils down to do I make the nice guy comment or the douchebag comment that ultimately doesn’t change anything.

As much crap as Diablo 3 gets, I rather like its option to skip the story and just start adventure mode. At least the puzzles (fights) you face along the way are more random.

Also, the early game tends to be really hand-holdy and you don’t really get much depth in combat until you have more skills slots to play around with.

I don’t know why you’d think that’d be any different if you were to, say, start MoF from level 1. Low level enemies are still scaled for low level, and you still have few skill slots for depth.

From my perspective, there’s really not a lot of the backtracking or large-area exploration that are required from other ARPGs where you have to play the story time and again. Throw in the fact that the maps are not randomly generated, and you can get pretty efficient about moving through areas knowing precisely what you need to get.

Also given that (for now anyways) MoF uses maps more or less directly taken from the campaign areas, you’re not even really get a significantly different experience from the two.

That said, I do understand the like of the “Adventure Mode” that skips a campaign, I just personally don’t find LE’s campaign to be particularly onerous.

Instead of “Mastery need respec”, I think there should be more difference, i.e. unique skills or passives for each sub-class or mastery. Currently as a Paladin I feel like the other two masteries could somehow utilize almost everything Paladin has, and vice versa. The reason why you don’t want to re-leveling a new character of the same class is because the majority of gameplay is the same. You have exactly the same base skills, base passive trees, lower half of mastery passive trees, and your level in main quests is not high enough to fully experience the difference in masteries. If masteries have larger difference than current state, it would make players feel much better to start a new character. That could include less points required in base class, less passives or skills acquired from leveling and other masteries, more mastery-specific contents.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.