Massive difference in power between monolith runs because of questionable spawn mechanics

Monoliths are fine as long as the goats don’t show up.

You see, if your monolith is predominantly populated by goats you’ll be fighting numerous boss-level monsters, usually at the same time. Kiting them meanwhile is next to impossible because if you go back the previous boss-level monsters respawn and fight you again (or maybe they don’t respawn but new ones come out of nowhere after a certain amount of time). If you are not killing them in a flash (or if you are like me and activate 200%+ more life utterly clueless) the monolith becomes many times stronger than everything else you could possibly face there.

Note that I don’t mind the challenge, but the jump in difficulty is way too extreme and I wish there was a way to know if the next monolith would have goats (or their boss spawn rate needs to be fixed).

1 Like

I believe it had been fixed in patch 0.7.8.d

I think part of the gamble/entertainment of MoF is not knowing the map or mobs. It does suck to end up in a map that is filled with an OP mob but thats what makes it variable enough to be entertaining.

My worst 2 experiences are both in MoF ~30 and in one I got easily 15-20 siege golems and fought 3-4 at a time in 3 choke points. The worst part was 2 of them had spawn a twin, 1 was revive after 2 seconds and the other had increased health. My other interesting MoF was full of necrotic damage only - soul cages, infinite eyes, occultists and necrotic mortars x2 were the goal and they were far apart from each other.

Edit* this is all done with a forge guard melee build. Yay!

I just experienced mobs spawning out of nowhere now, which means it is still an issue. This occurred right at the entrance of the MoF. Personally I’m fine with sometimes getting thicker density of boss-level mobs; but dying to mobs spawning out of nowhere in a previously cleared zone really gets under my skin.

Ah, so it wasn’t just me spacing out when i see coming out of nowhere a pack of rare mob ?
I usually play (too) late at night, i thought i just missed that pack ^^

Are you talking about the known Teleport/Transplant bug that spawns enemies at the starting location of MoF maps as shown in the bug post below?

That sounds exactly like what I’m talking about, I didn’t realize it was tied to teleport/transplant.

I play a Sentinel build and rare enemies appears out of nowhere from time to time, no needs of teleport/transplant

Yea I played a totem primalist and rare enemies spawned out of nowhere too. I don’t even use the leap for movement.

Happened to me as well yesterday. The first mobs I encountered were 4 siege golems and then bam… I transplant and 2 more spawn behind me. Needless to say, it was basically an insta-wipe. Quite frustrating but then I told myself it is beta and this is why we’re all here. To help the devs make this game better and better each day.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.